public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Classical dance lessons in L.A.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 7:08 am 

Hello,<BR>I'm french and I will leave for 10 months in L.A., starting date = january 2002. I'm looking for lessons of classical dance in this so big city. Not so expensive. I'm 26 and I'm a beginner.<BR>Is somebody could help me, please?<BR>Thank you<BR>Emilie<P>------------------<BR>Emilie

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Classical dance lessons in L.A.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 10:21 am 

Emie - first let me welcome you to the board.<P>I am going to move this question to the Student's Questions forum....hope that's ok. So please come down to that forum and you will see it.<p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited October 01, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 10:23 am 

So here we are.....<P>We have a couple of members who are taking ballet classes in Los Angeles, and I am sure as soon as they see this message they will be able to help you. Please keep checking back.<P>Once again, welcome.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 10:41 am 

Emie - I found a previous thread we have in which Two Left Feet gives a number of places you can go:<P><A HREF=../../../ubb/Forum7/HTML/000581.html><B>Studios in Los Angeles</B></A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 12:13 pm 

I just got back from a visit to LA/Hollywood and I took a class at Westside ballet in Santa Monica(by bus it was about a 40min drive) but very good classes(and santa monica is right by the Beach, and about 15 min from Venice Beach) also The Edge has good classes(although they are more of a jazz based studio than just ballet) That is all I have been too(it was my first time in La) as I just moved to the San Fran area 6 months ago. <P>------------------<BR>Joey: That's it, you hide my underwear i'm gonna do the exact opposite to you.<br><BR>Chandler: what, what are you going to show me my clothes?<br><BR>Joey: Hey, opposite is... opposite<br><BR>FRIENDS

Joey: That's it, you hide my underwear i'm gonna do the exact opposite to you.<br><BR>Chandler: what, what are you going to show me my clothes?<br><BR>Joey: Hey, opposite is... opposite<br><BR>FRIENDS

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 12:16 pm 

I also forgot to say, the bus system around Hollywood/La/Melrose etc. is very, very easy to use, it is 1.35 per ride(25 cents to transfer)-ask for the transfer when you pay.and if you are not sure what bus to take, ask and the driver will help you out.<P>------------------<BR>Joey: That's it, you hide my underwear i'm gonna do the exact opposite to you.<br><BR>Chandler: what, what are you going to show me my clothes?<br><BR>Joey: Hey, opposite is... opposite<br><BR>FRIENDS

Joey: That's it, you hide my underwear i'm gonna do the exact opposite to you.<br><BR>Chandler: what, what are you going to show me my clothes?<br><BR>Joey: Hey, opposite is... opposite<br><BR>FRIENDS

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 1:14 pm 
I'm glad to here theres a bus system--I dont drive yet,want to visit LA studios in the summer!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 6:01 am 

Emie:<P>I would not rely on the bus system in Los Angeles to go more than a few blocks. It is not like European systems. This is not a mass-transit friendly city. What neighborhood of Los Angeles will you be staying in? I may know of some classes in that area.<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 9:43 pm 

actually I rode the buses all over the LA area(Hollywood, Bel air, Santa Monica, Venice, Beverly Hills, Melrose etc) and had no problems at all. Yes it does take a while(with all the stops they make) for ex from Santa Monica to Hollywood took about 50 minutes, but I had no problems at all. I was using the Metro buses and the bus drivers were very very helpful in telling me if I was on the right bus or going the right way. If you dont' have a car-then the bus or the subway system(I never used that so I don't recall the proper name) is really your only option<P>------------------<BR>Joey: That's it, you hide my underwear i'm gonna do the exact opposite to you.<br><BR>Chandler: what, what are you going to show me my clothes?<br><BR>Joey: Hey, opposite is... opposite<br><BR>FRIENDS

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]