public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Men In Tights - TV Documentary.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:52 am 

Review from the guardian.

Quote:
In Men in Tights (ITV1), eight Geordie shipbuilders were, in a Faking It-style, transformed in a limited amount of time from clod-hopping manual workers into fleet-of-foot ballet dancers. They exchanged steel toe caps for ballet shoes, overalls for flouncy shirts, and hard hats for even harder dance moves. I guess this beats the usual exchange of manufacturing jobs for work in call centres. It certainly involved more freedom of movement.
MORE

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Men In Tights - TV Documentary.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:13 am 

sugar plum fairy posted 22 October 2003 03:59 AM in another topic:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did anyone else watch the programme on ITV1 last night called "Men in Tights"??
I was suprised that over 200 of the Swan Hunter shipyard workers turned up to the open audition,whether this was because it was a novelty,or they were really serious or if it was because cameras were there i don't know??
Anyway , some of the toughest men you are ever likely to see were there and ended up in the final 8,and one or two were suprisingly good given the short time in which they had to learn(one month).The attitude of one left a lot to be desired it was a case of him always referring to "this is what we do in Newcastle...", i kept saying to myself ..."but your not in Newcastle just now.."
All in all i thought it was a good programme and to hear one or two of them saying it would leave a void in their life was touching,and the standing ovation by their families and workmates brought a tear to the eye.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Men In Tights - TV Documentary.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:17 am 

Unfortunately I missed this sugar plum, as I was out seeing John Jasperse, which might be described as "Men with nothing on at all!" I suspect that Jasperse's choreographic male nude duet may have proved a step or six too far for the Swan Hunter lads.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]