public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Ted Brandsen
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2000 6:12 pm 

azlan, dance australia holds its own quite well, but certainly has a tiny population (the australian population) in comparison with the potential readership in the US or europe.<P>and thank heavens australia doesn't have a bigger population, is all i can say, because that's an essential part of what makes our lifestyle so great! <P>having said that, i must say i was most surprised by one of the US magazines, with a reputable title, which i received a sample of, because it was almost all advertising and had no articles of any substance at all. the only articles which came anywhere near to being interesting (while extremely superficial) were written by one of the advertisers! (this mag was for dance teachers).<P>so my respect for dance australia was very much enhanced by THAT experience. <P>leaving that aside, i would still confidently say that it is one of the better dance magazines internationally, in terms of thoughtful content. <P>and if readers here haven't seen it for a while, it's worth another look - having begun pretty much as a quiet historical record of dance activity in australia, it has developed and improved with time! (and that's not just because they now have ME! Image )<p>[This message has been edited by grace (edited April 06, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2000 11:02 am 

Hmm, grace, you've sold me.<P>I know what you mean about US mags. The advertising element is very true for most magazines here; whatever genre they are serving. Ads are a huge source of revenue.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2000 3:51 pm 

francis, the relevant issue is now out, with a quite nice sepia photo of graeme murphy on the cover.<P>and i just came across one of your posts about the kimberley glasco issue (it may be on this board, or another one), aimed at someone who had better remain nameless...and all i can say is "GO FRANCIS!".....you've won ME over... but maybe it's for the best that you aren't a critic, at least at THIS point in time...<P>my comment isn't espressing any opinion about the glasco situation - which is fascinating and complex - but rather expressing the opinion that passionate views plainly articulated are stirring to anyone, and it sounds like you know what you're talking about! Image - so maybe you SHOULD be a critic? ! Image <p>[This message has been edited by grace (edited April 12, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2000 5:26 am 

just for the record, in case anyone is wondering, i HAVE sent this thread to ted brandsen, so that he may comment, if he would like to. <P>i KNOW that CD would be pleased of the chance to welcome him...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2000 2:39 am 

for the curious, ted did respond to me personally.<P>as this thread seems to have run it's course - and thank you francis for an interesting one(!) - i am closing it now, in the interests of keeping threads short so page-loading times stay reasonable.<P>feel free to start another, anytime... Image

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2