public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Akram Khan 2002 and 2003
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:21 pm 

I thought this was mediocre contemporary dance. While the movement vocabulary was executed well enough, the repetition of Khan's disctinct style became, frankly, boring after a while and he depended a loton sawney's score to carry the choreography. I felt the partner work could have been explored more. But I am in the minority judging by the dance press' love affair with him. Well done, though on exploiting this niche, however, I wonder how much longer it can last.

Post subject: Re: Akram Khan 2002 and 2003
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:39 am 

Kaash rich
Khan just has it all - by Jann Parry for The Observer

In Kaash, Akram Khan has compressed his cyclical account of the universe into just 55 minutes. He launched Kaash at the South Bank some 18 months ago and brought it back last week after a tour of 20 countries. It returned for its final performances with even greater impact.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3