public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fame - the Musical
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 11:58 pm 

Review in The Scotsman.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>THEY may not live forever at the Festival Theatre but they are, at least, living there all this week. And while they are there, it appears that they’re gonna learn how to fly. High. <P>Yes, Fame is back. The audience was dancing in its seats by the end of the show - and a few more were doing so in the streets on the way home. But a word of warning: this is Fame, the musical - not the film or the TV series. <BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=334022002&rware=NUZAMPCDPEKV&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=2" TARGET=_blank> <B> MORE </B> </A>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Fame - the Musical
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 1:18 am 

I would love to go and see that ! i remember when it was on TV , i made sure i watched it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 12:49 pm 

I saw it twice whilst it was at the Cambridge theatre and loved it! I think it's touring somewhere near me, but to go and see it a third time within about 9 months would be a little excessive! I may have to though, seeing as it's a different cast...<p>[This message has been edited by tanzen (edited March 31, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:48 am 

A short piece previewing a student production:

College cast step out for Fame show
From The Scotsman

DANCE students from Edinburgh are putting on their very own version of the hit musical Fame this week.

Students from Telford College put on their first performance of the show last night at the Brunton Theatre in Musselburgh.

The show, called NYC Fame, is a specially-crafted production based on the Fame legacy which began with the Academy-award winning movie from the 1980s and then went on to become a long-running television series before becoming a stage production.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:20 am 

Fame The Musical, Edinburgh Playhouse
By MARIANNE GUNN for The Herald

WHEN Hear'Say's Noel Sullivan is billed with musical stalwart Barbara Dickson it is clear that instant fame of the Pop Idol variety is still very much a marketable commodity. A meteoric rise and fall, it seems, does not prohibit receiving a shot in the West End world – just try to avoid Darren Day on your way down.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:44 am 

Fame The Musical, Edinburgh Playhouse
By MARIANNE GUNN for The Herald

WHEN Hear'Say's Noel Sullivan is billed with musical stalwart Barbara Dickson it is clear that instant fame of the Pop Idol variety is still very much a marketable commodity. A meteoric rise and fall, it seems, does not prohibit receiving a shot in the West End world – just try to avoid Darren Day on your way down.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:52 am 

Please don't remember my name
By Andrew Pierce
Fame

Quote:
“ALL is ephemeral — fame and the famous as well,” declared the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (121-180). The quotation could not be applied to Alan Parker’s vibrant 1980 film Fame and the subsequent successful television series about the students at the New York High School for Performing Arts.
But it certainly can be applied to the lightweight stage spin-off Fame: The Musical, which surprisingly is still playing to big houses at the Aldwych Theatre eight years after it opened in the West End. The production is billed as a cross between TV’s Pop Idol and Fame Academy. At least the television versions have one redeeming quality in that there is a flicker of excitement when voting one of the young hopefuls off the programme.
more...

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]