public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rambert School Show
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:29 pm 

Last week was the first of two weeks of student choreographies at the Rambert School Theatre in Twickenham. (300 St Margerets Rd, TW1 1PT, 11th & 12th Dec, 7:30pm, £4). I'm always interested in what non-dancers appreciate in dance, and was extremely surprised when two friends of mine who are new to contemporary dance said they preferred the student show to the company's, which they saw the week before at Sadlers Wells. I put this down to the intimate nature of the school theatre, and the great variety and number of pieces in the show, compared with Rambert Company's three. I'm wondering if there are many others who would prefer a quicker pace and greater variety and number of pieces from companies like Rambert, and if you have seen perhaps other student shows and found them equally engaging as professional productions?

I feel like there is an important lesson here, given that the Rambert company boasts a collection of dancers whose stage experience and technical abilities far outwieght the school's, which by itself would normally astound the dance novice, even without world class choreography.
Any thoughts?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Rambert School Show
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:37 pm 

Welcome to CriticalDance amir and thanks for such an interesting posting.

As we already have a Rambert topic running, I'm going to move your posting there:

http://forum.criticaldance.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000646

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]