public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Disney on Ice
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 11:11 pm 

Charles Spencer in The Telegraph review Disney on Ice. I have printed review in full here as it is only two paragraphs and part of another review. <P>A disappointing production by the sounds of it. It is a shame that we do not really see any ice shows of real quality in this country.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>My son, Edward, stood me up for Disney's Toy Story on Ice, so I had to brave the aggressive marketing of trashy merchandise (even the programmes cost £8) and the mewling and puking of bewildered toddlers alone. I normally love ice shows, but this is a joyless dud.<P>The skating is no more than average, and the production - skaters in horrid plastic masks, recorded dialogue and songs coming over a tinny PA system - misses the wit, warmth and ingenuity of the original film by a mile. The flying sequences are particularly disappointing - more like falling without style, in fact, just like the tottering production itself.<P><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Disney on Ice
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 6:55 am 
LOLOL--the kids dont care;they just wanted to see Cowboy(Bob?) and the other toys in action.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 2:40 pm 

Oh yes I'm sure the kids were thrilled to see their Disney favourites but what a shame that, according to this article, they couldn't be thrilled at some good skating too.<p>[This message has been edited by Joanne (edited October 27, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:17 am 

From Toe Shoes & Tutus to a Tutor's Life
By Raymond Stults for The Moscow Times

Behind every performance at the Bolshoi Theater lie many hours of hard and unglamorous work in the warren of rehearsal rooms located behind and above its stage and auditorium. For soloists of the ballet, a critical part of that work takes place under the supervision of the Bolshoi's coaching staff, which numbers among its members some of the theater's most distinguished former dancers.

Those whose memories of ballet at the Bolshoi stretch back to late Soviet times are unlikely to have forgotten Lyudmila Semenyaka, one the theater's most versatile and most popular ballerinas of the 1970s and '80s. Two years ago, Semenyaka returned to the theater as a coach, to share her vast experience on the ballet stage with a younger generation of Bolshoi ballerinas and ballerinas-to-be.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]