public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kirov Next Season (2002)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 1:31 pm 

Will the Kirov be coming to London again next season; is this an annual event? I will be in Paris for the whole year next year, so I am anxiously waiting to see this troupe, which I haven't seen in a few years!! Many thanks!!

<small>[ 19 December 2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Stuart Sweeney ]</small>

Post subject: Re: Kirov Next Season (2002)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 3:05 pm 
Terry, I doubt if the Kirov will return to Covent Garden next year; I heard that it may be the Bolshoi instead.<P>The Kirov will actually perform in Versailles in France this weekend - just pas de deux without a corps de ballet. Then they are to tour Brazil for 5 weeks in August, followed by a short week in Munich in September.<P>If I remember rightly, they will tour Washington DC next Feb., and then New York next July.<P>Next March back in St. Petersburg there is the annual Maryinsky International Ballet Festival. I would recommend you to travel from France to see the Kirov there.<P>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 9:43 am 

Kevin, <P>Thanks for the information.<BR>Perhaps I might end up traveling. Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 10:22 pm 

I agree with Kevin - seeing the Kirov on their home ground (so no longer the Kirov, which is their touring name) inthe Mariinsky Theatre during a cold Russian winter, is an unforgettable event in a life. I think, in London, we had begun to take them for granted as an annual event. Summers won't be the same.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 12:10 am 
Emma, I am thinking of making a trip to St. Petersburg next March to attend part or all of the Maryinsky Ballet Festival. I remember you posted here about your memorable experience last March attending their first ever Festival. <p>[This message has been edited by Kevin Ng (edited July 15, 2001).]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]