public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:01 am 

Hello everyone! My name is TJ and although this is my first post, I have visited on and off for a long time. I very much enjoy the interesting and varied news and discussions on critical dance and the very open and welcoming atmosphere you have all created. <P>I am on the board of ARKA Ballet in Wasington DC and yesterday I sent in a press release about their upcoming performance this Saturday. I encourage those of you in the area to check it out -- you may be pleasantly surprised!<P>Cheers!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:21 am 

Hello TJ - welcome to the board - it's a pleasure to have you join us.<P>I have looked at your site and it's very interesting. Would you like to tell us more about it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:54 am 

Welcome TJ! Great to have you! Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:28 am 

Thank you both for the warm welcome!<P>Basheva, I'll try to briefly give you a little background. ARKA Ballet was founded by Roudolf Kharatian, who is currently on the faculty of the Washington School of Ballet. He is a choreographer and master teacher and a former principal dancer who performed all the great classical leads during a long and illustrious career. ARKA Ballet puts on performances periodically with professional ballet dancers from around the country and the region. Many of the dancers are former students of Kharatian's. ARKA Ballet is firmly rooted in classical ballet and features both classical favorites and rarely seen gems, as well as original contemporary ballet works (no fusion-pop works....).<P>This Saturday's performance will give you a pretty good idea of what ARKA Ballet is all about. Hope some of you can make it! Basheva, if I remember correctly, you're on the opposite coast, so that may difficult, but who knows -- ARKA Ballet may soon tour to the west coast....<P>Cheers!<BR>Tania<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:49 am 

Welcome from me too TJ. We are not strong in the Washington area so it is particularly good to have you register. I hope we'll hear lots from you about ARKA Ballet and other dance events in the Washington area.<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 7:07 am 

TJ - thank you for your reply and information.<P>Yes, I am in southern California. I would be interested to read any reviews of ARKA's performances and any further information that you have.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 5:10 pm 

I'm coming into this a bit late (I'm disappointed I missed the performance in June), but I'm excited to read about the ARKA Ballet and its presence in the Washington area.<P>There is a lot of dance in Washington, but too little local ballet. It's nice to hear of another local company. I plan on seeking out ARKA performances in the future.

Profile E-mail