CriticalDance Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: who would you like to dance with??
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 1:47 am 

okay was watching a video the other day as it wa cold outside ( snowing here..yipee )..anyway was thinking of what role i would like to dance and with whom?? so what would your top 3 be ?? here is mine..<BR>1..Odette/Odile with Sir Anthony Dowell as my prince...<BR>2...Carabosse , boy is she mean !! David Drew would have to be Cattalabutte.<BR>3...Aurora..for the Rose Adagio..again Sir Anthony Dowell as my prince to wake me..<P>do you think i'm a little biased as they are all Royal Ballet stars??.....tough!!!

Post subject: Re: who would you like to dance with??
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 5:21 am 

Snow? What's that? Last time it snowed here was 1966, for five minutes...and melted as it reached the ground. We all call that 'the year that it snowed'.<P>My choices would be:<P>l. Romeo and Juliet - with Nureyev - 'cause then I could dance in my nightie, and do that whole balcony scene.<P>2. Full length Don Q. - I would be Kitri (of course I would want to dance it like Plisetskaya did) and my partner would be Edward Villella, 'cause I think he brought serve verve to "Tarentella". He has that latin vivacity.<P>3. Sleeping Beauty (but only if I look like Cynthia Gregory - technique and all) with Fernando Bujones - for that wonderful clean technique of his, mixed with Hispanic flair.<P>And my alternate choice is Nikiya in La Bayadere with Anthony Dowell.<P>And another one....Giselle (but I want to do it like Carla Fracci did), and dance with Erik Bruhn.<P>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 5:56 am 

Well, it snowed here, too! I would like to dance with Fred Astaire. And Kermit the Frog.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 9:06 am 

Gene Kelly - What a man...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 9:16 am 

I would love to dance:<BR>Odette/Odile / Manon with Anthony Dowell because he is the best and also is one of my favourite people<BR>Romeo + Juliet with Rudolph Nureyev because he will always be remembered as an all time great along with Nyjinsky and I wish that I had known him and seen him dance live, he died far too young.<BR>Giselle with Jonathan Cope /Johan Kobburg pref Cope though because he is a universal partner who can adapt to anyone which makes him brilliant.<BR>Well all RB stars (inc Nureyev)what a surprise! They have to be wouldn't they!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 9:46 am 
I'd be Barbie as the sugar plum fairy with KEN as the Nutcracker prince(what a dream boat!)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 2:06 pm 

I'd like to have danced with Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire.<BR>Or even to have been in the same room with either of them when they were dancing.<BR>I would also have liked to have been in West Side Story, which is totally unconnected, I suppose, but I got to musicals late and feel I missed my calling. Typical.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 2:23 pm 

Gene Kelly again - In fact let me be Cyd Charisse anyday please.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 10:13 pm 

I've danced onstage with my husband, and he was the best partner of all!! No other candidates need apply!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 1:52 am 

Maggie..Kermit the frog , i will probably regret this..but why ??<BR>At least there are a few of you out there who would want Sir Anthony to dance with them, keep your hands off he is mine!!<BR>Nureyev and a nightie...mmmhh , been drinking have we??<BR>just thought with all this snow around wouldn't mind being a snowflake..but i would eventually melt..so no, don't think so.<BR>have a few ideas for ballets of my own ( short pieces ) , but still can't get used to Labanotation or Benesh!! ( will keep trying )

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 2:29 am 

No, Sugar Plum, Sir Anthony's mine! I'm going to do Giselle with him. Or failing that, Titania in the Dream. So likely.....<P>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 5:12 am 

Sugar Plum Fairy, because I **love** Kermit the Frog....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 5:21 am 

Well, I want to dance with the one who lived in a trash can - what was his name? I have a cushion emblazoned with his face...I think he is so cute. And, so much my type of guy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 11:43 am 

I would be in heaven if I could dance Swan Lake with Jonathan Cope, or Giselle with Vladimir Malakohov or Don Quixote with Angel Corella. It would also be great to dance Agon with Peter Martins or Apollo with Baryshnikov! Other than ballet, it would be fun to dance with Paul Mercurio ( from the movie Strictly Ballroom).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 12:04 pm 

I think his name was Oscar, Basheva

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next