public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Upcoming Shows on Bravo TV
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 6:14 pm 

<B>CIRQUE DU SOLEIL: SALTIMBANCO</B><BR>Combining the zaniness and enchantment of the circus with the bold theatricality of a Broadway show, the Montreal-based company breaks tradition with its innovative approach to the ancient art of The Big Top. (each episode1:00)<P>Saturday, July 22, 6pm EST<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Cronos (edited July 04, 2000).]

Post subject: Re: Upcoming Shows on Bravo TV
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 2:46 am 

Thank-you for the listing, Cronos. While I am unable to get Ovation t.v. here, I do get Bravo. I am a fan of Cirque, and saw their performance of Dralion in Denver 2 weeks ago. That performance didn't seem as polished as Quidam which they performed a year earlier in Denver. It was enjoyable, nevertheless. As you know, nothing compares to a live performance, but if that isn't available being able to see it on television is at least an opportunity to know what Cirque du Soleil is.<P>Their was in interesting act in Dralion where dancers danced on pointe on light bulbs. Actually, I think they were gymnasts wearing pointe shoes, but it was an interesting (circus type of) concept.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Upcoming Shows on Bravo TV
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 9:47 am 

Speaking of gymnasts dancing, Stuart and I were enlightened recently by a demonstration by Lucy of how gymnasts tend to move. While running the auditions for Cirque in London, she had to demonstrate to the gymnasts hours on end the process of moving with the flow instead of hopping and skipping between strides. It tickled me seeing her demonstrate the hopping and the skipping.<P>And, yes, thanks, Cronos for this listing. BTW, for those of you who want to spend the $$, some of the Cirque shows are on tape. They can be had at<P> <A HREF="http://www.cirquestore.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.cirquestore.com/</A> <P><BR> Image <BR>Alegria the Movie <P>There you will also find a video for a movie inspired by "Alegria." From the synopsis, "A film event inspired by Cirque du Soleil. 'Alegria' is the touching story of Frac (René Bazinet), a street mime who has lost all love for his art and life, deciding to end it all by lying in front of an oncoming train. When his 11-year-old friend Momo (Clipper Miano) insists on joining the suicide attempt, Frac must save them both. The train carries a travelling circus, and when it stops. Frac catches sight of Giulletta (Julie Cox), the troupe beautiful lead singer and performer. Frac falls instantly and rapturously in love, but to pursue Giulletta, he must overcome her father, Fleur (Frank Langella), the circus leader..."<p>[This message has been edited by Azlan (edited July 04, 2000).]

Profile E-mail