public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dancers Sidetracked by Other Careers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 12:48 pm 

That would be Bebe Neuwirth who played "Lilith" on Cheers. And now is doing lots of Bob Fosse roles on Broadway.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 4:10 pm 

... And of course, Jane Krakowski did a lot of ballet.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 7:47 am 
THANKS LMCtech!<BR>OH-NATALIE WOOD ALSO did ballet when she was younger.....funny.<BR>Cause her new biography NATASHA(tragic) says she was very insecure about her singing AND her dancing in West Side Story.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 5:32 am 

What about Shannyn Sossamon:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Hollywood Unknown Picked From Obscurity to Star<BR> <BR>Paul Majendie, Reuters<P>...<P>She found out that Sossamon was born in Hawaii, raised in Reno and moved to Los Angeles to study dance. But her only experiences in front of the camera before her big break were several television commercials.<P>Despite her inexperience, Sossamon got the part in ``A Knight's Tale'' opposite Australian Heath Ledger and the rest, much to the delight of the publicity hype machine, is history.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><a href=http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010823/re/people_sossamon_dc_1.html target=_blank>More</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 12:10 pm 
Thanks Azlan-I loooved Knights Tale.<BR>TRACY Ullman,singer/comedienne was also a dancer-I think w/a Belguim ballet co.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 12:15 pm 
This problaby would be under a heading "actors, who danced too":Judy Garland,James Cagney(you dirty rat!),George Raft,Eartha Kitt(taught a modern dance class w/James Dean as a pupil),Julie Newmar(She and Eartha BOTH played "Catwoman" in the Batman show),Rita Hayworth-I'm sure the list goes on.......

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 9:47 pm 

Brigitte Bardot.She trained at the Conservatoire de Paris , she was about to be a professionnal dancer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 5:27 am 

Hello Mary - this is the first time I have seen you - welcome to the board.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 7:23 am 
Hi from me too Mary.<BR>How can we forget Ms JAY-LO(Jennifer Lopez). She was on of the "Fly Girls" in the comedy series IN LIVING COLOR.Did anyone mention Paula Abdul or Carmen Electra???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:04 am 

Image<P>How about Charlize Theron:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Charlize Theron Discusses the Hollywood Celebrity Game<P>Paul Majendie, Reuters on Yahoo! News<P>...<P>In 1992 she decided to become a ballet dancer and moved to New York, where she performed in classics such as ``The Nutcracker'' and ``Swan Lake.'' But tragedy struck at the age of 18. She injured her knee and her ballet career was suddenly over.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><a href=http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010829/re/arts_venice_theron_dc_1.html target=_blank>More</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 5:21 am 
OH YEAH-I forgot about her....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 9:22 pm 

Image<P>Here's another:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>A 'Philadelphia Story' Is Told in Hartford<P>Robert Simonson, Playbill On-Line on Yahoo! News<P>...<P>Hayworth was the child of Spanish-born dancer Eduardo Cansino and "Ziegfeld Follies" girl Volga Haworth. She began her career dancing in Mexican clubs before being discovered by a Fox executive at the age of 17. The show is described as being very dance intensive.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><a href=http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/playbill/20011004/en/a_philadelphia_story_is_told_in_hartford_1.html target=_blank>More</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 9:15 am 
OH YES-I love Rita Hayworth.<BR>OH and did anyone mention GOLDIE HAWN-I remember her saying that she operated a ballet school w/ someone before going Hollywood.I remember seeing a Disney Film w/ her and her current beau KURT RUSSELL(The American Family Band???)--she was 21,he was 12 or 14.This was also before the LAUGH IN Show(I've seen clips of her dancing in all that body paint). .LESLEY ANNE WARREN was/is a dancer too--she was in that same film as a matter of fact.She was also in the 1st TV version of Rogers/Hammersteins Cinderella.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 10:32 am 

Does motherhood count as a career?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 11:27 am 
HECK YEAH(Basheva)-the hardest job in the world!!!<BR> Where Only the brave go fourth!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next