public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to get e-published on Critical-Dance
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2001 11:02 am 

From time to time, we receive questions about how to get articles e-published on criticaldance.com.<P>Well, firstly, we want to stress that Critical-Dance does not pay for articles. We are a non-commercial site, staffed by volunteers from the international dance community. This is how we have managed to maintain a community spirit in our forum.<P>If you have a review or a feature you would like to contribute, post them into the appropriate existing threads (or create new ones if required) and then alert [email]reviews@criticaldance.com">reviews@criticaldance.com</A> for reviews or <A HREF="mailto:azlan@criticaldance.com">azlan@criticaldance.com</A> for features.<P>If you would like to contribute an interview, you may contact <A HREF="mailto:babslights@criticaldance.com">babslights@criticaldance.com</A> directly.<P>If you would like to discuss projects with us, feel free to write to <A HREF="mailto:admin@criticaldance.com[/email] and one of us would be happy to listen to you.<p>[This message has been edited by Admin (edited November 01, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: How to get e-published on Critical-Dance
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 7:50 am 

It's going to be a particularly busy period for dance in London from August on. We are keen to find more reviewers for <B>all</B> dance forms, but especially for those other than ballet.<P>Why not post 1 or 2 reviews so we can see what your style is like. I make no promises, but press tickets can sometimes be made available for those who have won their spurs.<P>If you need to build your confidence then why not read my brief guide:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.criticaldance.com/features/writingreviews.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.criticaldance.com/features/writingreviews.html</A> <P>Posters regularly send me and other criticaldance staff examples of their reviews for comment and I am always happy to do this.<P>Why not give it a try. Some people have graduated to writing for magazines after website reviewing.<P>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: How to get e-published on Critical-Dance
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 8:29 pm 

Hello all members,<P>We are very happy to see more reviews being posted than ever before. Keep 'em coming. There's nothing like reading audience impressions to supplement that of the newspaper reviews. With CriticalDance having so many readers globally, I am sure many of your impressions are read all over the world.<P>However, given the volume of incoming reviews, we cannot promise to e-publish all reviews in our Reviews page. As such, we are limiting the e-publishing of reviews to four a month.<P>The selection will be based on a number of factors, including penmanship and distribution of coverage.<P>If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Profile E-mail