public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dance Europe, June
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2000 3:16 pm 

Image <P>Diana Vishneva in 'Jewels' - Wow!<BR>photo by Hugo Glendinning<P>The June edition of 'Dance Europe' is out and the free on-line edition has access through the contents page to their news round-up 'Entre-Nous', a survey of dance classes etc. in NY City and a couple of brief reviews. however, you will need Adobe Acrobat to read the files (it's a useful piece of free software to download) and you need to use the magnifying glass icon to make the text readable.<P> <A HREF="http://www.danceeurope.net" TARGET=_blank>http://www.danceeurope.net</A> <BR>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Dance Europe, June
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2000 6:04 pm 

stuart, i think their jobs/auditions page is VERY good indeed, and emma should be congratulated on offerring this service. it's at <A HREF="http://www.danceeurope.net/docs/JOB/JOB.SHTML#jobtop" TARGET=_blank>http://www.danceeurope.net/docs/JOB/JOB.SHTML#jobtop</A> <P>also readers please note: dance europe is looking for more REVIEWERS in specific locations: north of england, south of france, paris (bye bye michael!), st. petersburg, tokyo, brussels, a few other places.<P>they are specifically asking for DANCERS or EX-DANCERS, rather than writers/journalists...preferably people with english as their first language, or at least with a good command...any takers?<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2000 6:18 pm 

Image 'you know who', in 'you know what'...<BR>btw, i LOATHE that .pdf format! Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2000 10:22 pm 

I know what you mean about the pdf format, but bear in mind that it means that the printed mag format can be automatically transferred to the website, which saves a lot of time and money for the very lean machine that is Dance Europe.<P>You can improve the lay-out by reducing that left hand side block.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2000 4:58 am 

i know very little about .pdf stuart - you sound like you are aware of it's benefits...can you explain any more about it?<P>also, i DO think dance europe are doing a lovely job with their graphics/design, e.g. the 'entre-nous' page in this edition.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2000 6:18 am 

My knowledge about pdf files would go on the back of a postage stamp and still leave room for my name and address!<P>However, I believe that they are Adobe Acrobat files which is used in publishing. I remember that the ROH report of a couple of years ago (much ado about nothing) was put on the web in the same format.<P>Basically it is a painless way of putting magazines or reports onto the web without having to reformat etc. What you are seeing on the 'Dance Europe' site is the way the actual mag looks. 'Dance Now' must need some additional work to get it onto the web. <P>You now know as much as me.

Profile E-mail