public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Isaac Mizrahi, Costume Designer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 5:27 am 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Roundabout's 'Women' Will Wear Mizrahi<P>Kenneth Jones, Playbill On-Line<P>The Roundabout Theatre Company has announced further casting for its fall Broadway revival of The Women, the dames of which will be draped in costumes by ready-to-wear celebrity Isaac Mizrahi, at the American Airlines Theatre.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><a href=http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/playbill/20010809/en/roundabout_s_women_will_wear_mizrahi_1.html target=_blank>More</a>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Isaac Mizrahi, Costume Designer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 10:23 am 

News of a new show:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Designer Extraordinaire Isaac Mizrahi's Aptly Titled ``The Isaac Mizrahi Show'' Debuts On Oxygen On Sept. 12 At 10 PM<P>Award-Winning Designer Welcomes Celebrity Guests Including Sarah Jessica Parker, Ben Stiller, Rosie Perez, Bebe Neuwirth and Mary-Louise Parker<P>PASADENA, Calif.--(ENTERTAINMENT WIRE)--Sept. 6, 2001-- ``The Isaac Mizrahi Show,'' a new 30-minute documentary-style series, will make its premiere on Oxygen on Wednesday, September 12 at 10 p.m.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><a href=http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/010906/62195.html target=_blank>More</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 10:53 am 

Image <P>Mizrahi's imagination most definitely came to the forefront in Mark Morris' "Platee." LMCtech, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself with the costumes. Your comments will be very much appreciated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 11:41 am 

These costumes were great! Every character had it's own "look" and they were clever and campy at the same time. I would like to see a Mizrahi production that was more serious, just to see if he can do that too. Everything I've seen so far has been comical. It's great to see so much creativity on stage. He's also lucky that he has gotten the opportunity to work on productions that he can be as crazy as he wants to be. His collaboration with Mark Morris is a good one. They seem well suited.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 12:28 pm 

In Yahoo:

Quote:
"The Isaac Mizrahi Show" Welcomes Guests Janeane Garofalo, Rosie O'Donnell, Natalie Portman and Kristin Davis for the Second Season Debuting August 21
Beginning Monday, September 16, 2002 -- "The Isaac Mizrahi Show" to be Stripped Following "Oprah After The Show"
NEW YORK--(ENTERTAINMENT WIRE)--Aug. 8, 2002-- "The Isaac Mizrahi Show" returns on Oxygen for its second season premiering Wednesday, August 21, at 10:30 p.m.* more

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:17 pm 

Quote:
Designer Mizrahi Keeps on Talking
Mon Aug 19, 3:56 PM ET
By FRAZIER MOORE, AP Television Writer

NEW YORK (AP) - "I'm such a bundle of ambivalence," says Isaac Mizrahi, looking perplexed. "That's my problem. Or," he adds helplessly, "my virtue." more

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 8:41 am 

Unzipped ............an UNCENSORED documentary exploring this man's creative process and influences/ offers a fairly interesting perspective of fashion and couture as well as entertaining :p antics.....the following articles protain................

The Advocate
Author/s: Brendan Lemon
Issue: Nov 24, 1998

Some of Mizrahi's greatest achievements, however, went little mentioned by postmortem analysts: his designs for the stage. For his amigo-around-town, choreographer Mark Morris, he has created bright, fanciful work. Mizrahi's costumes for Morris's June staging of the Rameau opera Platee were, to use the overworked fashion term, "genius," and Mizrahi will be designing for Morris again on two upcoming projects, including a work commissioned by the San Francisco Ballet.

"I go to rehearsal and I think, `How are they ever going to wear anything?'" Mizrahi says. "The partnering and all is so violent. They're on their knees one second and they're spinning. They do penche arabesque and every seam just rips in my head.".
more...

An Interview with Isaac Mizrahi
UNZIPPED
By Jayne Margetts

DIRECTOR Douglas Keeve and the flamboyant and dramatic "Whiz Kid, Wonder Boy and Seventh Avenue's Darling" fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi share much more than a love hate, personal and professional relationship. The Odd Couple of the fashion world who oscillate between frenetic pure admiration and scathing criticism of each other have captured the heart of not only the glossy fashion world but also the cinematic domain with the soon-to-be released intimate and revelationary documentary Unzipped.
more...

<small>[ 08-25-2002, 09:50: Message edited by: Admin ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:46 am 

http://www.dogsonacid.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=903460

<small>[ 08-24-2002, 13:46: Message edited by: agntrypod ]</small>

Profile E-mail