public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: An Agony Aunt talks ballet
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2000 3:48 am 

BTW, no response from marguerite kelly. we're waiting to hear if Intuviel got one...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2000 6:52 pm 

Not yet.<P>------------------<BR>~Intuviel~

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2000 2:43 pm 

I received this response from Marguerite Kelly today:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>If that teenager was going to your school, and could switch to ballet at noon, I'd agree with you. But she is going to the toughest, most competitive, private school in her large metropolitan area and is dancing 40 <BR>hours a week. I think that's too much and clearly the parents won't let her go to an easier school.<P>But you made some terrific points. I wish I had interviewed you before I wrote my piece. (But, fyi, I did speak to some in the field, including a former dancer, teacher and head of the academic department of a major ballet <BR>school before I wrote what I did. This gal thought the teenager was going to a questionable ballet school, although it wasn't named). Hope I score better next time. And thanks for writing.<BR>Marguerite<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have to say that in this context, her advice makes sense, and I fully agree with it, but I do wish she had made that clearer in the article. I wrote a response to her to that effect (it was very subtle ). <P>------------------<BR>~Intuviel~<BR><A HREF="http://www.freetown.com/Uptown/HaightAshbury/1055/ballet.html" TARGET=_blank>Balletica</A><BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2000 2:54 pm 

"but I do wish she had made that clearer in the article"<P>Moi aussie, cherie!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2000 8:20 pm 

excellent, intuviel: thanks for letting us know! im so glad you got a response, and i DO agree that kelly has now presented a context in which the issue may be percieved differently.<P>and this confirms what her acquaintance said, that kelly researches her pieces well. Image

Profile E-mail