public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Dancing dogs - they must be kidding!
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2001 6:17 am 

<B>100 dancing canines, humans cut a rug</B><P>Davisburg hosts Bow Wow Boogie at 4-H Fairgrounds<P><BR>By Jennifer Brooks / The Detroit News<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>DAVISBURG -- They're dancing with dogs in Oakland County this weekend, as more than a hundred four-footed dancing fools and their human partners cut a rug at the 4-H Fairgrounds for the first annual Motown Bow Wow Boogie competition. "My border collie prefers rap and hip-hop," deadpanned Patie Ventre, founder of the World Canine Freestyle Organization. <P>On Monday, there will be private workshops in canine freestyle techniques.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Please someone....tell me this is a spoof. Alternatively please explain 'canine freestyle techniques'.<P>There is a rumour that that Salzberg and his dog Shadow were runners-up in the Military Two-step section last year. <P><BR><A HREF="http://detnews.com/2001/oakland/0105/30/c04-229032.htm" TARGET=_blank><B>More...</B></A>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Dancing dogs - they must be kidding!
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2001 6:24 am 

My cat, Effie - complete name title is: Her High Effieness - is not surprised. Dogs are such fools she is always telling me.<P>Noisy, dirty (they don't wash after eating), gulping their food, slobbering their tongues over everything. It's enough to make a fastidious feline even more contemptuous of dogdom than she already is.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2001 6:30 am 

The definition i was looking for from the website of the World Canine Freestyle Association. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Musical Freestyle is a choreographed musical program performed by handlers and their dogs. The object of musical freestyle is to display the dog and handler in a creative, innovative and original dance, using music and intricate movements to showcase teamwork, artistry, costuming, athleticism and style in interpreting the theme of the music.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Here's the website for those who want to sign up. In your experience Jeff, are there particular problems in lighting dancing dogs?<P> <A HREF="http://www.woofs.org/wcfo/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.woofs.org/wcfo/</A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 6:18 am 

LOL Basheva! You know, I was imagining YOU were Effie and telling me, some kind of strange doggy, all these things... I immediately felt guilty and you almost, *almost*, ALMOST got me into cleaning up my room................ Image<P>------------------<BR>The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything...<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 9:21 am 

My dogs prefer trip-hop and house music and can't stand Wagner. Nikita is quite an accomplished jumper. And Leko is rather partial to Graham-like floor work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 10:12 am 

No, Anastasia - I am certainly not Effie - she thinks I'm pretty sloppy too. But, nevertheless, she does love me...aren't cats wonderful?<P>Anastasia - CLEAN UP YOUR ROOM!!!!<P>(OK - now I feel like a mother again)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 9:17 pm 

<B>Dog to dance in Christmas show</B><BR>By Paula Thorpe in The Sacremento Bee <P><BR>AUBURN -- The Lincoln Dog Academy hosts a free Christmas show 3:30 p.m. Sunday in the Dewitt Center, First and D streets.<P>The academy's first dancing dog, a border collie named Danny, will perform a two-step around the Christmas tree.<P>About two hundred people attended a similar performance last weekend in Carmichael.<P><A HREF="http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/story/1357609p-1427035c.html" TARGET=_blank><B>click for more</B></A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 9:24 am 

<B>Shall we dance?</B> <BR>John Travolta? Pah! Fred and Ginger? Forget about it. There's some new stars of the dancefloor. Joanna Hunter in the Guardian<P><BR>When you're out walking your dog, have you ever felt that you had some kind of rhythm going? Does Spot seem to wag in time to Britney? Does Rover fancy a foxtrot? Then you could be an ideal candidate for the latest trend to sweep the canine world - dancing with dogs. <P>In fact, the practice (called heelwork to music) has become so popular that next year at Crufts it is to move from display to competition, with performers being judged on movement, the flow of their routine, dog obedience and interaction between dog and handler. <P><A HREF="http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4369619,00.html" TARGET=_blank><B>click for more</B></A><P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 11:21 am 

Basheva, I have to agree with Her High Effieness. The worse thing is that the more I tell dogs how disgusting and dispicable I find them, the happier they become (and the wetter and more smellier I become). And, there's no getting rid of them. You run away, and their prancing along behind you all the more happier.<P>My cat's used to dance with me (whenever the weren't turning their noses up at me because I came homes smelling like a dog). One was better than me, but I tried not to let on that I was jealous. I can't even imagine a dog being aware of ... well, anything; most certainly not where it is stepping. I cannot even imagine a dog having enough attention to keep rhythm. <P>Perhaps the best thing is to ignore them. Even their worst critics would be seen as among their greatest fans. (What? You were paying attention. Tail wag. You love me, don't you? Dribble, dribble, sniff, rub, sniff, dribble).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:27 pm 

<P> Image <P><font size=1>Her High Effieness</font><P><BR>a special feline Image for Sisial<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 11:54 pm 

Oh deary deary me. Not dancing animals again. I can't wait to see what Wordfox has to say about it.<P>By the way Basheva, I love your cat!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 1:39 pm 
These frustrated owners are living out their OWN dreams through there pets Image<BR>Lassie had four left paws-AND SHE DID OKAY!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:56 am 

Oh lordy! It's taking over here in the UK now as well!<P><B>Canine and able</B><BR>Dancing, acting, singing, painting - it appears some top dogs have an unlikely artistic streak. Kate Burt collars the owners to learn more about their pets' hidden talents <BR>BY KATE BURTThe Guardian - United Kingdom <P><BR>One of our favourite songs to perform to," explains Jan Mayr, a 38-year-old emergency medical technician from Pittsburgh, "is I Just Wanna Dance With You by George Strait, the country singer. It just sums up our whole relationship." Jan is talking about Duncan. Her nine-year-old Border collie. I'm not making this up.<P>Jan and Duncan compete regularly at Canine Musical Freestyle events, where dogs and their owners perform choreographed "dance" routines together. This involves the dog responding to a series of complex signals from his dancing partner with twists, turns and furry high fives. And doing it to music. "He's a better dancer than my husband," confesses Jan when pushed to choose. "My husband can do the jitterbug, though. Duncan and I can't," she adds charitably.<P><A HREF="http://globalarchive.ft.com/globalarchive/article.html?id=020406006861&query=dance" TARGET=_blank><B>click for more</B></A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 5:25 am 

In the article above, Jan Mayr says, "You wouldn't think a Rottweiler could be so elegant...." I wonder which dogs she <I>would</I> think could be elegant?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 5:45 am 

Dachhunds?

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next