public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for dance oppurtunitues in rural areas, the thir
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:57 am 

I am writing to you as a freelance dancer who is interested to work with dancers in classical Indian and contemporary dance. Please let me know if you have such contacts or are interested yourself.

Please do not send attachments when you reply by e-mail?

Thank you,

Mr. Nakula Somana.

I enjoy interacting with communities from different cultures and have experience working in India, UK and Norway.

My interests are in teaching and acquiring new skills. I have experience teaching Yoga, Contemporary and classical Indian dance and Martial Arts in India and Europe.

Presently my work as a dancer involves working with trained dancers, school children and engages me in different activities and roles from performance to education.

Working with the ATTAKALARI Center FOR MOVEMENT ARTS, BANGALORE as a community arts facilitator, 1998- 2002:

To initiate and support dance services for the local community which means to set up various community dance workshops for the general public and as part of the education outreach project, to introduce movement arts into schools and colleges that have little awareness of contemporary dance.

Currently running a dance development program that organizes training facilities for young dancers in movement arts from here and abroad.

Performances of repertory and improvisations at local theatres and international dance festivals both In India and UK.

1980-2002:
Attended regular workshops in various movement art forms:
Contemporary dance based on Release, Horton technique…
Contact improvisation, basic ballet, jazz and folk forms
Bharatnatyam and Kalaripayettu which are classical Indian dance forms.
1-year course in aerial trapeze.
Light and design workshops.
Choreography laboratories with international dance agencies.

Have interests in formal technical training and also dances that do not involve specific training programs.

Interests in mixed media and site-specific work, photography and the moving body, photo projections, video and films on dance, 3D installations.

Theatre and dance theatre, sports.

To be involved in dance related research and development projects, in areas where different media collide and explorations into movement arts from less visible cultures.

Recently I have begun to work with cinematic dancers from Kerala and Bombay.

Educational Qualifications:
Undergraduate course in Marine Biology at the University College of Swansea, Wales: 1987 - 91
Full time course in performing arts and physical fitness at All That Jazz, Dance and Fitness College, Bristol.
Exams in O and A level

level drama.
Diploma in dance and fitness.
RSA variety diploma.
LCYMCA in health related exercises. 95-97.
2003:
Toured Dharmathology with Karmaconsult in India and Norway.
Performed at the Hammerfest dance festival.

2004:

Dance management course with Attakkalari and the British council.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address: #497, 3rd Main, 3rd Block,
HBR Layout, 1st Stage,
Kalyannagar post.
Bangalore 560 043.
Tel: 0091 80 25440253.
e-mail: nakula_somana@yahoo.com, nakula_somana@rediffmail.co
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you,

Mr. Nakula Somana.

I enjoy interacting with communities from different cultures and have experience working in India, UK and Norway.

My interests are in teaching and acquiring new skills. I have experience teaching Yoga, Contemporary and classical Indian dance and Martial Arts in India and Europe.

Presently my work as a dancer involves working with trained dancers, school children and engages me in different activities and roles from performance to education.

Working with the ATTAKALARI Center FOR MOVEMENT ARTS, BANGALORE as a community arts facilitator, 1998- 2002:

To initiate and support dance services for the local community which means to set up various community dance workshops for the general public and as part of the education outreach project, to introduce movement arts into schools and colleges that have little awareness of contemporary dance.

Currently running a dance development program that organizes training facilities for young dancers in movement arts from here and abroad.

Performances of repertory and improvisations at local theatres and international dance festivals both In India and UK.

1980-2002:
Attended regular workshops in various movement art forms:
Contemporary dance based on Release, Horton technique…
Contact improvisation, basic ballet, jazz and folk forms
Bharatnatyam and Kalaripayettu which are classical Indian dance forms.
1-year course in aerial trapeze.
Light and design workshops.
Choreography laboratories with international dance agencies.

Have interests in formal technical training and also dances that do not involve specific training programs.

Interests in mixed media and site-specific work, photography and the moving body, photo projections, video and films on dance, 3D installations.

Theatre and dance theatre, sports.

To be involved in dance related research and development projec

Profile E-mail