public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Michael Flatley in the UK
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 12:47 am 

Article in the Telegraph on Flatley's latest project.

Quote:
Michael Flatley has made millions from his dance spectaculars. His latest moneyspinner takes him to Beirut, where Jan Moir meets him

A full moon hangs low in the sky over Lebanon, gleaming over the haunting, ancient Roman site of Baalbek, where people once gathered to worship the gods Jupiter, Venus and Mercury. Tonight, the crowds have come for a different reason. They have come to see Lord of the Dance, the jig-a-jig, rat-tat-tat Irish spectacular that is being staged here as part of an arts festival. The Celtic show has made its creator, Michael Flatley, a millionaire many times over but, at the age of 43, he no longer dances with the troupe. However, here he is, looking smart in his Brioni suit and Cannali shirt and tie, his nuggety diamond earring and platinum highlights making him easy to spot in the front row. Do you know what? Exactly a year after his official retirement, following a performance in Dallas, Flatley feels as if he could get up on that stage right now and dance his silk socks off.

MORE

<small>[ 21 December 2003, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Stuart Sweeney ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Michael Flatley in the UK
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:32 am 

Interview in The Times.

Quote:
As Michael Flatley looks east to transform Lord of the Dance into a global brand, he may be not retiring, but is uncharacteristically shy, reports Michael Ross
MORE

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Michael Flatley in the UK
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:24 am 

Quote:
Flatley ridiculous

the Scotsman

It’s hard to believe it was a decade ago that I was innocently laughing my way through a load of beers and Terry Wogan when a strangely coloured man appeared on my television. A man the likes of whom had never been seen in Ireland. A man who looked like a Spanish onion bursting out of a satin shirt. For a moment I thought one of the make-up artists had lost the plot after listening to one too many boom-a-lang-a-langs, downed a bottle of Lambrusco and thought, "F*** it! I’ll give it a lash." But wait! Onion boy Michael Flatley was not alone.
more

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:59 am 

Quote:
'Riverdance' star Flatley seriously ill in hospital
by THAIR SHAIKH for the Independent
published: November 16, 2006

Michael Flatley, the choreographer and former Riverdance star, was seriously ill in hospital last night and all performances of his upcoming show have been cancelled.
more...