public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible future photos
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 1:27 am 

We are now choosing front page photos every 2 months. So here is a topic for you to place any special images you come across in between.<P>Here are some of the ones held over from the current competition:<P> Image <I>Julianne Kepley in Rapture</I><P> <BR> Image <P>Bangarra Dance Theatre<BR>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Possible future photos
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2000 10:44 am 

Image <P>Maria Ryan - 'What the body remembers...' from Resolution! 2001.<P>I think this is rather neat!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2000 2:12 pm 

Image <BR>Photo Bill Cooper<P><BR>Would love it if you could get Emma Manning to let us use this one, Stuart...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2000 2:38 pm 

OK I'll see what I can do. It is probably a POB publicity shot.<P>Some other images from here and there:<P> Image <P>Washington Ballet 'Jazz' (?)<P><BR> Image <P>'La Ronde' choreographed by Glen Tetley, Ronda Nychka and John Alleyne, NBoC<BR>Photo:John Wong<P><BR> Image <P>'Afternoon of a Faun' choreographed by Jerome Robbins Karen Kain and Frank Augustyn, NBoC Photo:Barry Gray<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2000 12:13 am 

- i like washington ballet jazz. <BR>- karen kain shot is tres passé, IMO.<BR>- the dance europe shot, to me, is AWFUL. i used to distantly know bill cooper (thru his girlfriend then), and i respect and often like his work, but this is yuk, IMO.<P>more imporantly, please can we have no more shots added to this thread? can you start a new one, if you want to catalogue any more, for speed of access, please?<P>another option might be to save these pics onto our server, but that will create a permission problem....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2000 12:48 am 

Susan, perhaps I need to explain my thinking regarding this topic a bit more. It is a repository for photos that are carried over or come up in the gap between our two-monthly competition. <P>Whoever has put up particular photos here can then choose some to put into the nominations for the next selection. My thinking was that we could discuss the relative merits of the photos when we actually have the next photo selection process, rather than here. <P>I'll close this topic and set up a second one as you suggest.<P>Stuart adds later: I've opened this one again so that people can more easily pick up the photo URLs if they wish.<p>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited January 01, 2001).]

Profile E-mail