CriticalDance Forum

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SF Ballet Stern Grove performances
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 8:32 am 

Hallelujah!, Ralph, to many of your comments. I could not agree more about Cyril Pierre, and I know Voice of Dance's Mary Ellen Hunt has voiced a similiar concern. Personally, I feel he partners a ballerina steadily and well, and perhaps in the Balanchine ideal of partnering with modesty and deference to the woman he excels. But I've seen him muddle through a lot of variations with sloppy pirouettes and beats.<P>Azlan, the other day I read that Lacarra and Pierre are indeed now married. I'm not sure which publication I read it in, but I'll pick my brain today and try to find out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 10:56 am 

Okay, I'm remembering a bit more now . . . it was an interview with Lacarra and she was talking about how special it is for her to dance with her husband. Still picking my brain for the source . . .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 1:45 pm 

Just FYI, I've posted my review for the Stern Grove performance to Voice of Dance:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The redoubtable San Francisco Ballet showed grit and determination at their annual free performance at the Stern Grove Festival last Sunday.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://chat.voiceofdance.com/eshare/server?action=190&PAGE=14&BOARD=22&ARTICLE=4851" TARGET=_blank><B>More of the review</B></A>.<P>And in the chat Lucia Lacarra did for us, she talked about dancing with Cyril. That may have been where you saw it, Belinda. The transcript is <A HREF="http://www.voiceofdance.com/Insights/vchat.global.trans.cfm?ChatSchedule_ID=3000000000000049" TARGET=_blank><B>here</B></A>.<P>ME Image<P><BR>[Edited for emphasis]<p>[This message has been edited by Azlan (edited August 08, 2001).]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 2:08 pm 

RalphSF - welcome to the board - great to have you join us. And thank you for your thoughts and opinions of the performance.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 3:15 pm 

Thanks, ME. I did indeed see it on Voice of Dance.<P>BTW, Ralph, I forgot to say I'm completely with you on promoting the lovely Elisabeth Miner.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 5:36 pm 

Oh, yeah, now I feel doubly guilty... I missed that chat in addition to the Stern Grove performance... Thank you Belinda and thank you MEHunt! I shall go and hide my face under a pillow for the rest of the evening.<P>PS - I was trying to avoid saying anything about Cyril but it's hard to ignore the issue... I feel a duty to say something... Oh, okay, alright, if you are curious enough, do a SEARCH (upper left corner) for Pierre in the Ballet forum (I'm not going to make it easy for you).