public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello, I'm a new member! :)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:12 am 

Hello everyone!<P>I'm a new member here, so I just want to introduce myself and tell you a little about me Image I've been familiar with this forum for a while, it's a great source of information: just by reading through some topics, I found many answers to questions I had in mind. And a big big thank to Basheva, who referred this amazing web site in a ballet group and give so many great advices Image<P>Well I'm a 23 years old beginner ballet student from Québec province (you may notice some errors or words that don't exists in english in my writing!). I've studied ballet for one year when I was younger and jazz for 4 years, then stopped because of the lack of teachers and students in my little rural town Image Well I moved to a much bigger town to study and then started to work, and now that I have found a steady job, and that I can afford to pay for dances classes, I started ballet again this year :-D For me that was an old dream coming true.. <P>We have a really fine dance school here fortunately with a good teacher that loves to teach adults Image Actually I'm not in an adult class, I started with little 9-10 year olds, and then I took (along with that class) a level more advanced class with 12-13 years old girls and 4 adults. Even if this class is mixed of young girls and adult students, everyone is about at the same level technically (adults have had a few years of training) and that makes it a very fun and challenging class. Oh I almost forgot to tell you that I also take belly dance classes Image Much more relax but a lot of fun too! My ballet teacher doesn't teach a syllabus (we don't have exams), but this year I took pre-4 and elementary-1 levels (6 hours a week all together) and next year I'll start pointe work!! I'm so excited! Image Oops I didn't realize I wrote so long.. sorry! I hope you are still reading Image <P>Well I'm going away for the week-end, I'm going to the international dance festival "Encore" in Trois-Rivières (near Montreal). Maybe someone have heard about it? It's the first time I go to a dance festival, so I don't really know what to expect... I'll take 2 master classes (ballet and "strenght and flexibility"), there will be dance competitions all week-end and the "Rosetti" (sp?) gala with professional dancers. I can't wait! So I won't post until next week, but I'm really looking forward to participate in this great forum. And I'll try to shorten my messages next times! Image <P>Have a great week-end everybody!<P>Manon Image<P>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hello, I'm a new member! :)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:39 pm 

Bienvenue Manon!<P>J'ai posté un lien du Festival International de Danse Encore dans le forum Danser en français - <A HREF="http://www.criticaldance.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/000725.html" TARGET=_blank>Festival International de Danse Encore</A>. Peut-être que vous pouvez partager vos impressions, je ne connais pas ce festival et je voudrais en savoir plus. Image<P>I'm sure you will find lots of useful information here, please feel free to ask any questions you have.<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 1:20 pm 

Welcome to the board, Manon - it's great to have you join us.<P>Have a wonderful time on your trip and then come back and tell us all about it.<P>Sorry - I don't speak French - but your English is terrific.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:30 pm 

Welcome and don't worry about your English, I quite often get it wrong and I am English!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:12 pm 

Hi *Manon* and welcome from me too. Your English is <B>SO</B> much better then my French. It's always good to have new posters, but those from Quebec are particularly welcome. Montreal is a dynamic centre for dance and we're really keen to build on Marie's terrific work in both French and English. Do post!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:43 am 

My French does not leave a ballet class, so I will never make a judgement on someone's use of English. Welcome to CD! It's nice to have you here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:48 pm 
It just know the desserts!<BR>Welcome Manon!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:09 pm 

Wellcome Manon !<BR>J'espère que nous vous accueillerons aussi sur "Danser en Français" ! N'hésitez pas à venir et à créer des topics !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:51 am 

Merci à tous pour votre bel accueil! Image<P>Well I'm back from Trois-Rivières where was held the international danse festival Encore, and I posted my thoughts about it in french in "Danser en français" forum, and also in english in the "students' questions" forum. <P>Thanks again! Image<P>*Manon*

Profile E-mail