public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trying to find Adult classes or programs in the Bay Area
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:05 pm 

Hi!

I'm new to the forum but so far it has been very helpful. I'm looking for Santa Cruz/Bay Area adult dance classes/programs. I've danced on and off since I was 12 and would like to dive back into the dance world more aggressively. Unfortunately, many of the studios I've found so far have offered little to no adult classes, or they advertise what is offer to adults as "a fun way to get in shape and toned" or something similar to that. I'm looking for classes/teacher that take it more seriously, pay attention to technique, etc.

Does anyone know of any good schools/studios in the Bay Area, California? I'm especially looking for morning/afternoon classes in addition to the usual evening classes.

THANK YOU!! :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Trying to find Adult classes or programs in the Bay Area
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:11 am 

Hello, C4dance... I'm busy today, but I'll look into this tomorrow for you. I will get back to you! Gina Ness

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:19 pm 

You're amazing, Gina! I know you must have a busy schedule, I really appreciate the help! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:15 pm 

Hello, C4dance... I've looked up some schools in your area and these I would recommend. These are ballet schools... If you are looking for something else, perhaps you can call them and ask for a recommendation. In the Santa Cruz area, I would check out Santa Cruz Ballet Theater in Soquel directed by Robert Kelley and Diane Cypher. They have good backgrounds and resumes. They offer Adult/Teen classes. If you are willing to drive a bit, even occasionally, I would recommend Western Ballet in Mountain View directed by Alexi Zubiria. They have a great adult program with over 30 open division classes at all levels. Also, I would recommend Ballet San Jose in San Jose. They have an Adult/Teen division there, as well. As far as colleges, UC Santa Cruz has a good theater/dance department. Their dance department is more focused on contemporary dance. I had a student attend it over ten years ago (different director then), and she loved it. This was a while ago... But, I would imagine it is still good. Hope this helps...

Profile E-mail