public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: National Ballet of Canada - Autumn 2011
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:08 pm 

If I remember correctly, the RNZB version also has Juliet waking up just as Romeo is dying. I found it very moving and effective.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:48 am 

Nutcracker casting is posted. A few interesting things... First, Steven McRae is back! He's partnering Greta Hodgkinson on Dec 11 and 15. I saw him in his Alice performance in June, and he was great, but I've also seen him perform roles with classical technique (in La Fille mal gardée and MacMillan's Concerto) with the Royal, and he's pretty spectacular. Second, Elena Lobsanova and McGee Maddox are partnered for debuts in the principal roles. Third, Jillian Vanstone is nowhere to be found -- I hope she's OK. (Nor are Bridgett Zehr and Zdenek Konvalina dancing, but that's not particularly surprising to me. I do wonder if they'll dance anything with NBoC this season, though.)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:53 pm 

I saw Jillian Vanstone walking about the Four Seasons Centre during the closing performance of Romeo - she seemed perfectly fine to me, yet you never know. Hope to see her back dancing soon! And I agree completely, McRae is a brilliant dancer with wonderful technique and artistry. Looking forward to seeing him with Greta!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:39 pm 

January 30, 2012… The National Ballet Canada Principal Dancer Guillaume Côté choreographs and dances in the stunning online video sensation, Lost in Motion. Directed by Ben Shirinian, Lost in Motion has received over 310,000 hits in Canada and all over the world.

Mr. Côté, a Principal Dancer with The National Ballet of Canada since 2004, will dance Prince Florimund in The Sleeping Beauty, March 10 – 18, 2012, and The Seagull, March 21 – 25, 2012.

Director Mr. Shirinian is the co-founder of Krystal Levy Pictures, a production company that specializes in creating original and branded content for film, television and new media. Lost in Motion was originally created for Bravo! FACT.

Lost in Motion was originally created for Bravo! FACT.