public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Great school but.... worse in supervision with little kids
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:17 pm 

I had my girls and they learned a lot in Neglia. This summer I send my older one went to summer camp for Ballet. I got to the studio 5 minutes after they got out from class and she was lots and missing. Everyone said they haven’t seeing her. I went crazy looking for her with Sergio that is a great person. But when talking with his wife all she could say was that they are not a day care :evil: . How can a person be so irresponsible by saying that? With conclusion why I write this message is that if a parent is in an accident, or his car broke down or other thing that could happened in the way, they are not responsible for your kids............................ so with this being said and they sending a memo that the building was not safe because there was a suspicious person in the building how can a parent trust in them if they don’t care what happened if you don’t be there in time. Now having a new person in the office that doesn’t do the same as Wendy that was looking after the little kids until their parents get them and knew they were in safe hands. Not letting the kids alone without supervision.

Att. Parent

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Great school but.... worse in supervision with little kids
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:25 am 

Hello, parent, and welcome to CriticalDance... I am sorry that you had a worry about your young student. I am not familiar with Neglia... Five minutes late is not terribly late to pick up your child. At our studio, we have a policy that if a parent is really late (making teachers wait more than fifteen minutes) that the parents will have to pay a fee. It's only fair... Teachers are not baby sitters. But, the teacher or staff would never not know where a child was or wait until a parent arrived. That is unsafe for the child. Perhaps, the parents need to discuss with the staff what to do in the event of something like this occurring again and come up with a workable plan for all concerned.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:20 am 

Thanks for the advice, i try to give them this advice that the teacher needs to watch over them at least 15 min, because its not a secure building and anyone can come and go without a guard in the entrance. You never know if your car stop working, an accident or any other thing that could happend and you need to feel peace of mind that they are not alone. Its fair to charge to keep them safe after 15 min but also call the parent after 30 min to make sure they are coming and they are ok, like i said if theirs a car accident some else in the family can come and pick them up...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:24 am 

It sounds like maybe if a group of the parents got together to discuss this, it might have more impact. Definitely something to bring to their attention and work out a plan.... Good luck!

Profile E-mail