home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Adult Beginner Ballet Class
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:17 pm 

Saturdays, 9:30-11:00 AM
STEPS on Broadway
2121 Broadway @74th, NYC

Taught by Cindy Bernier“The New Beginner Ballet Class @ STEPS is for dancers and non-dancers alike! I am greatly influenced by the organic nature of modern dance and the clarity of ballet. Forty years of working in both worlds has helped me to translate ballet technique into an accessible and useful foundation for all styles of dance. Emphasis is placed on alignment, economy of movement, use of weight and musicality.
The often forgotten back, pelvis and breath are also used to access the core power of ballet. My class nurtures the dancer by growing a deeper understanding of ballet technique, and its effect on each individual's body movement. I hope to see you there! “

Cindy Bernier trained principally at Boston Conservatory and the Alvin Ailey American Dance Center. She studied extensively with Gabriel Taub-Darvash and the late Joyce Trisler, among many others. She was an early member of Joyce Trisler's, Danscompany. Ms. Bernier served as artistic director of Kinetikos, New England Dance Theater and Bernier Dance where she created over 30 works and was awarded a fellowship grant by the Connecticut Commission on the Arts for her choreography.
Ms. Bernier founded and directed Artists for Peace and CT Meet NY Dance Fest, both showcasing dance companies and musical groups in the Tri-State area. Ms. Bernier also created the Sister Project, a movement workshop for women in crisis. Ms. Bernier's career spans 40 years of teaching Ballet and Horton technique in Connecticut's dance studios including the Greenwich Arts Center, Ballet Etudes, New England Academy of Dance, Yale University, the Darien Arts Center and Performance Dance.

Profile E-mail