public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "New York City Dreaming On Such A Winter's Day"
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:13 am 

"New York City Dreaming On Such A Winter's Day"

(by the Dollies and the Daddies, year 2054)

I was walking past the H&M Store (Swedish designed clothing) in midtown Manhattan last week. I looked in the huge storefront windows and was amazed at what I saw. It was all women's clothing and the bright colors and abbreviated styles carried me right back to Carnaby Street, London and Mary Quant's 1960's swinging London. Well more or less. The clothing is much more ruffly with safari-like accents (still bright colors) setting off shear, almost see-through fabrics.

Standing in front of the storefront window, still quite amazed, I was amazingly delighted.

Much to my surprise I looked around just as a brand new, bright pink 1954 Chevrolet convertible, top down in the lightly falling snow, pulled up the curb. There were four magnificent young ladies inside that looked just like the ones in the H&M storefront windows.

One got out of the car, went over and put a $100 bill in the canister of a somewhat raggedy looking young street musician standing on the corner.

A second lady got up on the front hood of the car and started to do amazing pirouette spins. It was obvious that she had trained for years at the illustrious Vaganova Academy of Ballet in Saint Petersburg, Russia. She was dancing to music elevating from the car radio. It may have been Swan Lake or it may have been Elvis.

The third lady got out of the car wearing her bright pink feather-like boa. There were dozens like them inside the store. She grabbed a young exec rushing on his way to the office and pulled loose his tie. Then she started to tango and the young man, tipping his hat to the side, started dancing and singing like Gene Kelly.

The forth lady jumped out of the car with her bright lemon-green feather-like boa around her neck and stopped all traffic on Fifth Avenue as she did a 10,000 watt Salsa dance routine while helping an elderly lady finish crossing the street on a light that had turned red minutes ago.

"What is it that a dream like you really wants out of life?," asked a young hyper-impressed young hipster to one of the technicolor goddesses.

"Someday I would like a nice little house in Shangri-La or maybe Brookline with a beautiful garden and a family with lovely children who love music and love beauty. I want children who grow up loving Love," replied the technicolor young goddess.

Then she jumped in the car, which sailed off down the street, disappearing in a mist of rose peddle snow flakes and golden butterflies, as everyone danced on the sidewalk to the car radio playing elevatingly-syncopatingly

"New York City Dreaming On Such A Winter's Day."

(PS--the part about the new H&M clothing styles is really real. Go take a look,)