public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ballet attire question for men
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:01 pm 

I hope I'm posting in the right section, I'm new to the forum. I just started taking an adult ballet class again and the standard attire is tights and a leotard and I'm fine with that because I like leotards. However, my question for my fellow male ballet students is: How do you conceal for lack of a better term your package? I understand and have no problem with the required attire but when your in class it really shows what you have under your tights. How do you guys deal with this? I tried a belt but that made it worse.

Geoff

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ballet attire question for men
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:01 pm 

Welcome to our site! You'll want to invest in a "dance belt." This is like an athletic supporter but made especially for wearing under tights and hence, for dance/ballet.

You can get one of these at a local dance shop, and if you don't have one, then you can order on-line from "Discount Dance" or "Capezio" or any number or other suppliers.

Hint: The wide part goes in front, and you can flatten everything out.

A dance belt allows you to cross your legs comfortably, such as in 5th position. I used to joke that they are some kind of ancient torture device, but you'll get used to it. :lol:

We're glad you're studying ballet -- you'll have fun, be challenged, and learn a whole new "language."

Profile E-mail