public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Royal Ballet's Ondine Live in Cinemas, Wed 3rd June
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:22 am 

Frederick Ashton's ballet Ondine is going to be relayed live into digital cinemas across the UK and Europe via satellites on 3rd June (7:30pm UK/8:30pm Europe). This Royal Ballet production marks the 50th anniversary since the ballet's creation for Margot Fonteyn in 1958.

Royal Ballet Principal Guest Artist Miyako Yoshida plays Ondine, the mischevious water sprite, and Royal Ballet Principal Edward Watson her mortal love interest Palemon. Highlights from the performance include the famous shadow dance in Act 1 and a dramatic ship wreck in Act 2.

You can find out more information, including a list of all participating cinemas across the UK and Europe, by visiting the distributor's website, http://www.artsalliancemedia.com/opera/OndineCinemas.html.

Ondine from the Royal Opera House is distributed by Arts Alliance Media and Opus Arte.

Ondine: A mysterious fairytale of impossible love

[/img][/i]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:12 pm 

Thanks soooo much AllisonAAM :)

We in Spain are delighted about but I didn't know that there were so many places in Catalonia and in all my country joining this fantastic initiative.

I'm going to inform at fotoescena (telling the source, of course :wink: ) so that as much people as possible know they can attend a Royal Ballet Ondine performance nearly live.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: BBC Online interview with Ed Watson, Ondine
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:33 am 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts_and_culture/8080034.stm

Interesting reading :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:45 am 

Yes, very interesting indeed.

Quote:
"I don't play handsome princes or anything," he laughs. "I don't do ballets like Swan Lake or Sleeping Beauty or Nutcracker, I don't get away with those roles.

"It's not that I don't understand or appreciate them, but there are people who do it a hell of a lot better than me and I don't really have a great interest in doing them."

Instead, Watson prefers the Kenneth MacMillan repertoire, or more modern works from Wayne MacGregor or Christopher Wheeldon.

Clearly Mr Watson is aware of his limitations and I can't help but admire him for that. One of my ballet going highlights the year so far was seeing him dance in the Royal Opera's Acis and Galatea together with Daniele de Niese: a remarkable performance.

Many thanks for posting this, Alison.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:40 am 

I've liked so much to be able to attend in Barcelona!!!

What a great idea!! How nice it was to watch Ondine with family and friends in one's own city.

I had never seen it before and although it will not rank as one of my preferred ballet I enjoyed it very much, much more than foreseen.

At the beginning it seemed that the realisation would not be very appropriated but it got better as time went by and finnally it was ok.

No complain, when next??? :)

Profile E-mail