public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Most Exciting 'Russian' Ballet Company This Summer----ABT !
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:33 pm 

In addition to its many other virtues ABT will possibly be this Summer's most interesting and exciting 'Russian' ballet company.

It will feature a series of performances by Diana Vishneva (guest world famous phenomenon), Nina Ananiashvili (retiring goddess), Veronika Part (possibly the most beautiful dancer in the world), Natalia Osipova (guest superstar) and Irina Dvorovenko (resident beautiful dancer). Add one male principal, Maxim Beloserkovsky, and you have it.

No real need to run off to Russia this year.

it might be nice if this topic will be able to focus a bit on this exciting occurrence. I hope to be able to see some of these performances and will try to put in a word or two right here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:09 am 

Tickets go on sale to general public Today at 12pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:29 am 

You may want to be a bit careful about getting tickets to see Natalia Osipova as her schedule is in a bit of a flux. Her June 19th "La Sylphide" performance for the moment is no longer listed. This moving around of her schedule might also cause changes in other scheduled performances.

http://www.abt.org/performances/calendar_index1.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:32 am 

The only seats left for Nina's 'Last' ("Swan Lake", June 27, Evening) are in the highest section, the Family Circle ($30) and they seem to be going fast. I guess you should grab one 'Now' if you are at all interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:33 am 

Natalia Osipova has arrived in NYC and I am still in California visiting my father. (No complaints).

She had now debuted her "Giselle" and her "La Sylphide" with the ABT. She has received many very favorable reviews from the internet and the press.

Based on video clips that I have seen on the internet of her more recent performances and several Don Quixotes and a few solos that I have seen live, I would like to quickly list a few of her qualities that I have really enjoyed.

She is an aerial wonder !

On the ground she still seems to float slightly above the stage.

She is capable of beautiful moves with her arms and her hands.

Her vibrant personality will leave you feeling as good as you've felt in ages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:41 pm 

Confirmation from balletomaniac -- CriticalDance.

"Ms. Osipova is, simply put, remarkable. From her first steps after she leaves her front door in Act I, she seems never to be on the ground. Ms. Osipova looks like a pixie; and dances lighter than air. Whenever she leaves the ground (literally), she rises up and never seems to come back down to earth. And her jumps are not energy explosions – she moves through air as effortlessly as the petal of a flower borne by the breeze."

Please take a look at balletomaniac's complete review of many of the 'Russian' dancers' performances and the fine performances of many others.

http://www.ballet-dance.com/forum/viewt ... 517#198517

As for whether the young Natalia Osipova can handle the portrayal of such mature and serious subject matter as "Giselle' and "La Sylphide" requires, I would say accept her for what she is -- a young, highly talented, sincere, totally lovable performer -- giving it everything that she can, and that is a lot! Why rush the 'maturity'. If its there fine. Otherwise her youthful, lovable innocence and sincerity should do the job just fine.