public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Emio Greco & Rosie Kay
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:12 am 

The official blurb (Rosie's words, not mine) says;
"A one off chance to see Italian hot ticket Greco dancing in this unique pairing of talents. Emio's performance features a music ensemble and live electronics. In contrast, taking inspiration from Emio's work, rising star Rosie Kay has created an explosive, sensual and dynamic new duet."

Rosie herself puts it like this:
"This work is about me exploring Emio's unique language, and stripping away all the theatricality to just pure, unadulterated physicality. No props, no theatre, no narrative, just beautiful dance."

I will own up to being a great fan of Rosie's dance. She puts so much in and, sitting in the audience, you can tell.

You can see for yourself at The Patrick Centre, Friday 2nd May, 8pm.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:17 am 

Double Points:K and Double Points:Two
May 2nd at 8pm, Patrick Centre/Dance Xchange 0870 730 1234

For those who would like to know more about the work to be presented, read on...

Rosie Kay, “one of our more enterprising young choreographers” (The Times) is to perform a brand new duet at this year’s International Dance Festival Birmingham. Taking inspiration from the thrilling duet, Double Points:Two, a piece that delves deep into the consequences of two people sharing the same space by the Italian/Dutch partnership of Emio Greco and Peter C. Scholten, Rosie has created Double Points:K, an explosive, sensual and dynamic new duet which she will perform with co-star Morgan Cloud on Friday May 2nd at the Patrick Centre/Dance Xchange at 8pm. Joined by The Wild Party company member, Morgan Cloud, Double Points:K shows audiences the beauty of pure movement, the thrill of dancers pushing themselves to physical extremes and illustrates why Rosie’s work has been described as an “extreme tour de force”.

After collaborating with Emio Greco in Amsterdam in 2007, Rosie’s new interpretation of the work, Double Points:K, is a modern style of dialogue between two choreographers. Exploring the space within ourselves and the space between the performers in Double Point:K, Rosie takes the drive and careful development of Emio Greco’s original work and splices it with her own unique movement vocabulary, creating a tension and opposition within the work.

Double Points:K is set to a clever combination of JS Bach and electronic music expertly mixed by music producer Ian Wallman (Kelvin Harris/Shakira and collaborator of Asylum). This work unites the classical world with the modern, the International with the West Midlands, the beauty of dance with a hurricane of energy!

In a unique coup, the Festival will present Rosie Kay and Emio Greco/PC on the same evening; Rosie and Morgan will perform Double Points:K while Emio Greco/PC will perform their duet, Double Points:Two. It promises to be a rollercoaster experience with the two sets of performers bookending the evening with intensely choreographed pieces based on the same premise.

“This work really means a lot to me,” says Rosie. “I first saw Emio Greco’s work Double Points:Two in 1998 at Edinburgh International Festival, and I think it may have changed my life! Little did I know that nearly ten years later I would be dancing my own version of this work. I am delighted to be dancing along side one of my true heroes in dance and I feel privileged to invite him to Birmingham to be part of this unique festival.”

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]