public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:52 pm 

Kate wrote:
Quote:
"...are there are people who are truly 'indigenous' to the British Isles? Didn't the Anglo Saxons originally come from continental Europe?"

It's time we Saxons returned to the path of racial purity. Ever since 1066, our blood has been contaminated with Norman filth, not to mention Viking impurities in the North of our fair Isle. With genetic testing, many of us hope that we will at last be able to return these shores to the true Saxon path and send the Norman scum back where they belong. Some may say that that's harsh after 1000 years or even impractical, BUT IT IS ESSENTIAL - 'nuff said.

And anyone who says that we Saxons came from Germany originally had better not cross our path!

In fact, things are already moving. A mass movement, well three of us actually, have formed, Harmony - the Saxon Workers' Union with the aim of protecting Saxon workers' jobs. We've thrown together a basic website and even "borrowed" some music from rock group, Saxon, who we hope will bring in a young, gullible audience. We're going to harmonise those Normans right back across the Channel, where they belong....well 1000 years ago they did.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:54 pm 

Stuart Sweeney wrote:
many of us hope that we will at last be able to return these shores to the true Saxon path

Ooooh! Are you gonna paint your bodies blue?

Quote:
We're going to harmonise those Normans right back across the Channel, where they belong.

What about the Stanleys, Irvings, and Alastairs?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:09 am 

From the website of Solidarity Union where ENB Principal, Simone Clarke is Treasurer:

Quote:
It is no secret that the vast numbers of migrant Polish workers are devastating many industries throughout the country.

First I've heard! With their strong work ethic, high skill levels and generally out-going manner, Polish workers are adding value to the UK economy and, according to recent stats, contributing far more in tax than they take out in the cost of services.

Many people in the London area prefer to have a Polish plumber: better trained, more reliable and often friendlier than the indigenous variety.

In a ballet context we need look no further than Yat Sen Chang, Simone Clarke's ex-partner, and a remarkable dancer. Trained in Cuba, it comes as no surprise that he has fine technique. But he also brings an individual quality of the joy of dancing that ignites all his performances; I smile with anticipation whenever I see his name on a cast list.

There is no question that UK ballet would be MUCH the poorer if a policy of British jobs for British workers was followed.

My heart does go out to ENB; I'm sure this is causing many internal tensions and taking up management time, which would be better spent elsewhere.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:32 pm 

The poor public relations manager probably has a heart condition by now. I would if I had to deal with this chick. Jeez, retire already....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:26 pm 

I'll post the link in the morning, but the latest from the UK press indicates that Clarke is contemplating running for office, and that would likely mean she'd retire.

Kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:26 pm 

She's perfect for politics. She can't keep her mouth shut.

Actually I think more dancers should get involved in politics, then maybe we wouldn't be so underfunded.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:58 am 

Having read an article about the BNP this morning, my thoughts turned to the Simone Clarke controversy from 2 years ago. A short update:

According to Wikipedia: "Simone Clarke....retired from professional dance in 2007 and opened her own school, the Yorkshire Ballet Academy, in Leeds in 2008." There was a brief discussion in early 2008 on ballet.co, when people noticed that her name was no longer listed as a member of ENB.

The 1-page website of the school mentions: "Training provided by a former Principal Dancer with The English National Ballet," without mention of Ms Clarke's name. Tuition takes place two days each week in Shadwell Village Hall.

Sad to say, the BNP has gathered strength over the past 2 years. In the recent European Elections, where small parties have a better chance because of the proportional representation sytem used, the BNP won 6% of the national vote and with a concentration in some areas this was enough for them to enter the EU Parliament for the first time with 2 seats. They have also picked up a handful of local council seats. Both the BNP and the UK independence Party (UKIP)seemed to benefit from the furore over expenses claims for politicians from the traditional UK parties. Hopefully, as the dust dies down over that scandle, the BNP popularity will begin to shrink again, but it would be foolish to ignore the threat from this cosmeticised neo-Fascist / Fascist party.

Last edited by Stuart Sweeney on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:07 am 

Stuart Sweeney wrote:
seemed to benefit from the furore

...or its homonym.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:20 am 

Quote:
...or its homonym.

Yes, I understand that the former colonies drop the "e".

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:23 am 

Ms Clarke has to earn a living as do most of us and if she has been forced to keep her name off the publicity for her own school because of the media witch hunt against her then she has my sympathy.

Quote:
Sad to say, the BNP has gathered strength over the past 2 years. In the recent European Elections, where small parties have a better chance because of the proportional representation sytem used, the BNP won 6% of the national vote and with a concentration in some areas this was enough for them to enter the EU Parliament for the first time with 2 seats. They have also picked up a handful of local council seats. Both the BNP and the UK independence Party (UKIP)seemed to benefit from the furore over expenses claims for politicians from the traditional UK parties.

Bloody democracy! Why can't the ignorant b******s vote the way I want them to, eh?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:18 am 

That is interesting she isn't adding her name to her own website. I'm sure her students' parents find out eventually.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:44 am 

Cassandra wrote:
Ms Clarke has to earn a living as do most of us and if she has been forced to keep her name off the publicity for her own school because of the media witch hunt against her then she has my sympathy.

Not mine. Actions have consequences.

...And it's hardly a "witch hunt" for the media to expose hatred and irrationality amongst our political and cultural leaders. I wish the American media were better at it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:51 am 

Quote:
...And it's hardly a "witch hunt" for the media to expose hatred and irrationality amongst our political and cultural leaders. I wish the American media were better at it.

Since when has Simone Clarke been amongst 'political and cultural leaders'?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:13 am 

She's a former prima ballerina and is the public face of a political party.

Seems pretty cultural and political to me.

As the extreme right in the US is (I hope) also finding out, actions have consequences.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:36 am 

Quote:
She's a former prima ballerina and is the public face of a political party.

Incorrect on both points actually as she was a principal dancer in a company that ranks its leading dancers as principals and senior principals; Simone Clarke was in the former category - not a prima ballerina at all. Nor is she a public face of a political party, the publicity surrounding her was not of her choosing as she was (illegally) outed by a journalist.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next