home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo in Australia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:18 am 

Quote:
Forget blokes in tutus, these are divas, darlinks
by SUNANDA CREAGH for the Sydney Morning Herald

Robert Carter's first secret love was girls' ballet shoes.

"I had a real fascination with the point shoes and some of the girls in my class would give me their old ones," explains Carter, a member of the all-male drag ballet troupe, Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo. Carter recalls trying on the borrowed shoes as an eight-year-old and dancing in the practice hall alone.

published: October 1, 2005
more...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:19 pm 

Quote:
The Trocks
by JILL SYKES for the Sydney Morning Herald

In fact, apart from a few wacky elements - an outrageous kicking-the-tambourine routine and a male partner so "exhausted" he collapsed between his bravura sequences - the Tarantella based on Balanchine's choreography had all the bounce, flair and speedy timing you could wish for in any context. And more.

published: October 8, 2005
more...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: I would have loved to see them here in Australia. :D
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:47 pm 

These guys are the greatest darings on en pointe and will be not here again maybe until 2009 as their website said. so I will have to wait. :(
Robbert Carter and Fernando Medina-Gallego are fabulous dancers.
:D

Post subject: What a Night!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:35 am 

WOW!!! I was at the edge of my seat! as I see Robbert Carter fly!! and funny too.
I was supprized to see many acts and the intervals are indeed short. So to anyone within the Trocks I am very happy as ballet is fun. I can imagine what fun that they're having.

I made sure that I have the program as I was quite supprized what I get to see.

Giselle act2 as that's a lot of fun. I din't see much of Robbert there although I had a harder look as he is one of the ghosts. :)

Pattens in Space. This is a very simple act as some ingenuity gives it's spunk and the simple music is the real joke as Fernando pick up a flute, Looks at it and plays a split second A minor and back in the box. He got a good laugh out of that. :lol:

Stars and Stripes par de Deux. I would like to see the full length of this act as I can imagine good choreography can be done there.

Go for Barocco. Ballanchine classic with much fun to be had in this act as this can be seen on the DVD as it's nice to see this live. ;)

The Dying Swan. Paul Ghiselin (Ida Neversaynevea) do a fabulos dance in this act and makes quite a few laughs. Paul nice to see you. :D:D:D

Majisimas. Now this is where Robbert Carter shines as he stuns me with the Florettes across the stage and the choreography was just great!!

They finnished with a automatic encore with riverdance and we clapped for a good 15 minuets.

On thier website I see that they will do the American curcit and England as I hope to see them again maybe late 2011 as I will see them again

Thankyou Les Ballet's Trockadero de Monte Carlo. :P :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:10 am 

Rarely does a ballerina have fouettes to match Bobby Carter's. He really is magic.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:42 pm 

Cassandra wrote:
Rarely does a ballerina have fouettes to match Bobby Carter's. He really is magic.

Yes Cassandra, He is the master of the art as ballet is a life as there is no in between. There is another dancer who is very light on his feet and has the ability to make a seance of flying. Fernando Mendina Gallego has this ability

I guess that is no secret that these men are just soooo fit and with that shows strength. To other dancers and companies that I like too as these men are a sight to see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:39 pm 

Jill Sykes reviews the November 2009 performances in the Sydney Morning Herald.

Sydney Morning Herald

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:54 pm 

Thanks Francis :D, I miss these guys already and I will wait for their return.

I see they danced Swan Lake in Sydney as that is the only difference to the repertoire that I have seen.

He is amazing. Love his technique. :D