public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Benefit for Alla Osipenko
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:57 am 

Whilst browsing the 'Mariinka' forum, I came across a reference to a benefit for the former Kirov ballerina Alla Osipenko. Can anyone shed further light on this as my Russian is very limited.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:29 pm 

I too heard about the gala for A. Osipenko. How exciting!! Diana Vishneva has posted on her website that she will be dancing in it, and that it is on the 26 October at the Alexandrinsky Theatre. I asked her to confirm, as there seems to be some confusion about when and where, and she replied "to meeting". My friend in St. Petersburg went to the Alexandrinsky Theatre to see about buying tickets but the lady said that there are no tickets for sale and that they do not have any information about the gala, only that the theatre is booked that night (the 26th).
So here it stands - a bit of an intrigue. I will try to find out some more information, but for now thats all I know.
Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:51 pm 

Just an afterthought -

I see that A. Osipenko has recently left the St. Petersburg Ballet Theatre where she was coaching Irina Kolesnikova.

Does anyone know where she is now, and whether or not she is still teaching?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:51 am 

Thank you for that information Vaganova, hopefully there will be more details available nearer the day.

The St Petersburg Ballet Theatre comes to Britain soon and I have booked a ticket to see them in Chichester at the end of next month. I will make a point of asking a dancer I know in the company what Osipenko is currently doing, and will post a reply when I have some news.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:42 am 

I can shed light on it.

In the thread they begin speaking about Osipenko's gala (not benefit). Then someone mentions Gabriela Komleva's book and highly recommends it, read it in one sitting. They also tried to find tx via the Alex Theatre to no avail and then via Vishneva's site (as already covered in this thread). Finally tickets have appeared on Bileter.ru as follows:

1st row orchestra - 2000 rubles
5th row orchestra - 3000 rubles
9th row orchestra - 2500 rubles
behind the chairs - 1200
baignoire lozhe - 1000
1st balcony - 700

As I understand the evening is dedicated to Osipenko, as is often done in Russia for older artists, for many years of service in their art.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:20 am 

Quote:
I see that A. Osipenko has recently left the St. Petersburg Ballet Theatre where she was coaching Irina Kolesnikova.

Does anyone know where she is now, and whether or not she is still teaching?

I have it on very good authority that Alla Osipenko is now working at the Maly Theatre in St Petersburg.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Maly
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:30 pm 

Quote:
I have it on very good authority that Alla Osipenko is now working at the Maly Theatre in St Petersburg.

So, Maly is still working? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:44 am 

Yes, and in addition to Alla Osipenko leaving Saint Petersburg Ballet Theatre the husband and wife team of Sabina Yapparova and Andrei Yakhnyuk have also left to join the Maly together with Yuri Gumba, a former Kirov dancer who was StPBT's excellent ballet master. All these will be a loss to their former company.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:33 am 

VRS, Farukh Ruzimatov now heads up the Maly-Mussorgsky Theatre in St. P.