public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Documentary about older dancers
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:46 pm 

I'm producing a documentary about older dancers, people who either came to dance late in life or are still dancing at an advanced age. This project will be produced in conjunction with the Adult Dance Camps final, August 2005 session in Richmond, Virginia. Entitled "Everyday Dancers" this project will follow a small group of individuals as they prepare for and partake in the Adult Dance Camps intensive scheduled for August 21 - 27, 2005. It will explore the personal, emotional and societal stigmas surrounding dance and ballet, as well as issues of aging in a society where older Americans are an increasing segment of the population.

I'm looking for dancers 30 and over (preferably over 40) with interesting life stories and, or, interesting stories relating to how they came to dance. All experience levels are welcome from beginner through advanced.

If you are interested in taking part in this project or to learn more, please visit http://www.isfilms.net for more information.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Documentary about older dancers
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:49 pm 

As someone whose teaching experience in ballet was almost entirely in classes for adults, I'm looking forward to the finished product.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Documentary about older dancers
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:58 pm 

Nederlands Dans Theater III, the division of this company for older dancers, always seems a very interesting concept:

http://www.ndt.nl/en/ndt.asp

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:59 pm 

I'm reposting this in case anyone missed it the first time around.

Several people have responded to this request. I'm not going to make any decisions as to whom I'll follow through the program until late May. If you are interested in participating or want to learn more about the project, please go to isfilms

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Trailer availble on-line
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:02 pm 

The film has been moving along nicely. We're into post production now and expect to have a rough cut done by late October or early November. The goal is to have it in film festivals early next spring.

You can see the trailer on line now by going to: Everyday Dancers.

The film has a new name: "Divertissement: Everyday Dancers Stories." After following 23 amateur dancers ranging in age from 40 - 61, from all across the country and all walks of life, I narrowed it down to 5 dancers whose stories were truly remarkable. There are everyday people who let nothing stand in their way of their dream of dance. I could not be happier with the way things are coming together for the film.

Some versions of Windows have problems with the Quicktime plug-in. You can also try viewing it using Firefox instead of Explorer. Mac's should handle it just fine. Sorry, there's only a quicktime version on the site, no Windows file.

If you happen to be looking for that great cause to make a contribution, the film is in serious need of additional funding to complete post production. Feel free to click on the "donation" links to my fiscal sponsor, the International Documentary Association, and make a contribution on-line.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Film showing in Cincinnati July 21st
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:11 pm 

The film was finally finished a few months ago. We've been twaeking it a bit here and there, mostly because we have time and can, but the bottom line is it's finally done and ready for the world!

To see the trailers you can go to the films MySpace page at:

MySpace Page

To learn more about the film you can visit the film's website at:

Everyday Dancers Site

"Divertissement: Everyday Dancers Stories" will be playing in Cincinnati on Saturday, July 21st as part of the Big Damn Film Festival. Details below:

"Divertissement: Everyday Dancers Stories"
Saturday, July 21st.
3:00 PM

Big Damn Film Festival
Crowne Plaza Hotel
5901 Pfieffer Road
Blue Ash (Cincinnati, Ohio)

Tickets: $12.00 for a block of films/$20.00 for a day pass.

The film is scheduled in Room two, block 2, and should start around 3:00 PM. Fests usually run late so the start time may not be accurate.

It's part of a block of films which means your ticket gets you into all films in that block. This block runs from about 12:20 PM - 5:30PM and includes several films which have won "best of fest" at previous film festivals. It's a left-handed compliment and nice company to be in.

Downside: The fest's policy is tickets are first come first serve, no advance sales or reservations. This means the block could sell out at Noon or it could have one lone person sitting in the room staring at the screen all day. This gives new meaning to "arrive early". Hopefully we'll be able to get everyone who wants to see the film into the room.

I hope those of you who live in or near the Queen City can come out and support the film. I'll keep everyone updated as the film gets accepted to other film festivals around the country.

Ed

[/url]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Possible 2nd showing
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:59 am 

I've learned I could do a second screening on Sunday, July 22nd at the Cincinnati Art Museum if you want to see the film but cannot attend the film festival.

If you want to see the film on Sunday, please PM me and let me know. There's an expense involved so I don't want to spend the money to rent the theater if I don't have to.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:15 pm 

The Sunday screening in Cincinnati is definitely on!

Where and when:

Cincinnati Art Museum
Fath Auditorium
Eden Park
Cincinnati

1:00 PM, Sunday, July 22nd.
Admission: free but donations gladly accepted!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Film Festival Premiere in Florida
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:22 pm 

"Everyday Dancers" will have its Florida premiere as part of the Women's International Film Festival on Sunday, March 30, 2008

Date: Sunday, March 30, 2008
Time: 3:00 PM
Where: Arts & Minds Academy, 3138 Commodore Plaza, Coconut Grove, Miami 33133

Tickets:
WIFF

If you want to help promote the film, visit the WIFF website and vote for the trailer as an audience favorite!

Festival Program
Click on the "D-F" button on the Main View screen
Scroll down to "Divertissement"
Click on the "Watch Clips" button.
Watch the trailer and vote!

MORE FESTIVAL INFO:
The film has also been accepted to these festivals:

Swansea Bay Film Festival, Wales late May, 2008

ReelHeART International Film Festival, Toronto, Ontario, late June, 2008

Profile E-mail