public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:05 pm 

Thanks for starting this thread, LMCtech. I, too, am an addict. I have to say if I had been a judge I probably would have eliminated Ricky as well. He is a GORGEOUS mover and I will miss him. However, I don't think he connects emotionally with the movement. It was a problem in the duet and in his solo. From his interviews he seems rather cerebral and maybe, he's dancing from his head. I'm sure he can improve. Looking forward to tonight's show. My favorite part is watching the dancers handle new styles. Always very interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:32 am 

I missed the last two weeks due to a little much needed vacation so I hope you can all fill me in on what happened.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:21 am 

The NY Times has a very interesting article on Danny Tidwell and the show. It's definately very pro Tidwell and pretty down on the show, which is interesting to read after the comments posted here...

I do think it is a shame that Tidwell is reduced to this... arrogant or not, he is a very talented dancer and the choice to leave the support and structure of a company setting probably was not a good decision for someone who is still just 22. It didn't have to be ABT, but I'm sure he would not have had trouble getting a contract somewhere that made him happy, and that would have helped him really focus on his dancing, establish a resume, get health insurance and also - and what might be an important thing down the line - qualify for a pension. (I think it can often just take 5 - 7 years in a company to get some pension - and if you join at 17 or 18, that still leaves you plenty of time afterwords for other things). But those are things that a young dancer isn't going to really think about.

The article reveals that his guardian is the mother of the 2nd season runner up, which makes one wonder if might have been getting some external advice that was not so wise.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/11/arts/ ... 1tidw.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:54 am 

ah well, it was nice having Danny while we could. After this article, I would not be the least bit surprised if the arrogance story arc gets cranked up and Nigel pounces on the next opportunity to drop-kick him out the door.

Incidentally, LMCtech, you can find thorough though often snarky synopses of the missed episodes on the http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com Web site, where (in the forum section) your comments about your previous encounter with Danny were reprinted. :shock: You're famous!

[ETA - the reprint's on page 3 of the Danny Tidwell thread. There has been much discussion since then as he seems to be the contestant that most people are interested in.]

Last edited by JaneH on Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:03 am 

Woah. The internet is a crazy place. Thanks for the link.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:18 am 

If the public's voting on this show is any indication of where our world is at culturally, then I'm afraid the Dark Ages are about to return. Guess I better start hoarding all my classic literature books and music CDs, and lay in a more robust supply of ballet DVDs. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:51 am 

I know. It's depressing. That is the weakest link of shows like this. The fact that they let the American public vote.

Profile E-mail