public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: RECITAL CHECKLIST
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:25 pm 

hI THERE.
I am putting together my first ever recital and was just wondering if anyone has a yearly checklist that they go by? (just want to make sure that I haven't missed anything). This is going to be fun :twisted:
I have usually been on the performance side of things or as an assistant. gulp. HELP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 am 

Hello, Spangles, and "merde"! Usually, paperwork with instructions for students and parents is very helpful. Telling them what is expected the day of the show (when to arrive, what to bring, behavioral guidelines, etc.) is essential. I always have the students practice facing the other way in the studio for a couple weeks before the performance so they get used to not having the mirror to rely upon. Having them practice at least once in their costumes is also helpful for them. For the younger ones (4 to 8 or 9 year olds) it is a good idea to have them do a little "tour" of the stage and backstage area before they begin their rehearsal. I have found that this really helps them feel more confident and calm before they begin their "tech" rehearsal. These are a few things that come to the top of my head! Good luck with your performance, and I hope it goes very well and that your students have a great time dancing! :D

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]