public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new memeber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:49 am 

hi there, i just came accross this site today and it looks great. <BR>i guess i'll tell you a bit about myself. i am from burlington ontario canada, originally from montreal. i have been dancing since i was 2 1/2 and i am now 22. i just graduated from the george brown college dance program affiliated with Ballet Jorgen Canada. <BR>i am teaching and helping opening a new studio in Hamilton called the Hamilton City Ballet, and we are working on having a company starting up in a year. <P>My next plan is to work and save money to go on an audition tour in the winter in europe. i am looking to dance anywhere. i have studied ballet, pointe, jazz, modern, tap and musical theatre. <P>anyway, i have already read a lot on here so far and i hope it continues to be great and have tons of usefull info.<P>thanks!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: new memeber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:48 pm 

Hi dance_chicka, it's nice to have you here! I didn't know George Brown still had a dance program, I thought it was cancelled a long time ago. Did they reinstate it recently or am I just out of the loop? Where did you dance in Montreal?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:07 pm 

i didnt dance in montreal, but thats where my family is from and i was born there. my mom danced at a school that is no longer running. <BR>ya george brown dance dissapeared but now its back and living. although i would not recommend it to anyone. the administration is horrible!!! <BR>since my class was so advanced, and there were only 4 of us in the end we took classes with the dancers of ballet jorgen. <BR>you are not out of the loop, no one really knows about george brown. all it is now is ryerson and york because you can get a degree and people seem to want that more then training. <BR>the training was amazing, Che Chun, Kathleen Rea, Michelle DeBrouwer to name a few.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:40 am 

Thanks for the update on George Brown dance_chicka. Doesn't Che Chun also teach at the National? I heard Che was teaching at the <A HREF="http://www.gohballet.com" TARGET=_blank>Goh Ballet's</A> (Vancouver) Summer School this year (he's married to Chan Goh, I believe). Have you seen Kathleen Rea's website? <A HREF="http://www.kathleenrea.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.kathleenrea.com</A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:01 am 

Che was teaching at the national, but he had to give up the monday class he was teaching this past semester to teach us, which was SO nice of him. yes he teaches at the Goh every summer. <BR>yes i have seen kathleen's website, i guess you can say that we have more then a teacher/student relationship. because i had such a small class and we were all students that had taken time off between high school and college, we were closer with our teachers. <BR>

Profile E-mail