public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Northern American Tour: Oct-Nov 2006
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:09 am 
The Kirov will begin their North American tour on Oct. 17 in Costa Mesa, California (Orange County) where they will perform Romeo and Juliet and then Swan Lake.

Last edited by fedora on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:09 am 

Last edited by fedora on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:06 pm 

According to this recent press release from the Orange County Performing Arts Center:

http://www.ocpac.org/about/PressDetail. ... easeID=516

Quote:
The cast of Romeo and Juliet will include Diana Vishneva, Irina Golub, Yevgenia Obraztsova, Andrian Fadeev and Igor Kolb.
The cast of Swan Lake will feature Uliana Lopatkina, Diana Vishneva, Victoria Tereshkina, Alina Somova, Igor Zelensky, Danila Korsuntsev, Igor Kolb and Andrian Fadeev.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:09 am 

Daria Pavlenko, according to her own web site, will be dancing two of the Swan Lake performances in Chicago (Nov. 2 and 5) and one in Boston (Nov. 12).

After Boston, the company will travel to Canada to continue their slew of Swan Lake performances, and then onto Japan for more than 3 weeks in December. I will add exact dates shortly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:37 am 

Last edited by fedora on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:33 am 

Yes, the company left for Madrid yesterday and will be there until Sept. 11th. They're performing only "Le Corsaire" each day -- and each day with different casting.

Given that Vishneva is now more or less with the Bolshoi, I wouldn't expect her to be "guesting with the Kirov", as it were, in the USA on any tour. Pavlenko does not tend to list dates and then not show up -- in fact that has never happened. The same can't be said of Vishneva's schedule, so that's my vote.

The company will be at the Centre Nationale des Arts in Canada beginning Oct. 28. The dates for Japan, which will get performances of "Swan Lake", "Le Corsaire" and several galas, are Nov. 20 to Dec. 15 (give or take a day).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:28 am 

Quote:
"Given that Vishneva is now more or less with the Bolshoi, I wouldn't expect her to be "guesting with the Kirov", as it were, in the USA on any tour. "

If you look at her official website:
http://www.vishneva.ru/eng/perform.php
you can see that she will have only one performance with the Bolshoi this autumn but 8 performances with the Mariinsky on their overseas tours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:46 pm 
[quote="Catherine Pawlick"
Given that Vishneva is now more or less with the Bolshoi, I wouldn't expect her to be "guesting with the Kirov", as it were, in the USA on any tour. Pavlenko does not tend to list dates and then not show up -- in fact that has never happened. The same can't be said of Vishneva's schedule, so that's my vote.]
---------------

Coda is right. It's not correct that "Vishneva is now more or less with the Bolshoi". The Bolshoi press release last week has not even listed Vishneva as a guest artist.

Also Vishneva's own website has always been very accurate in the past few years. Vishneva has not to my knowledge missed any dates listed in her website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:20 am 

Actually the entire Kings of the Dance (for Los Angeles, 2006 Spring - although I may have the title slightly wrong) was created around Vishneva and she cancelled at the last minute. That was the first example that came to mind. She has cancelled other dates in the past as well for various reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:40 am 

Catherine Pawlick wrote:
Yes, the company left for Madrid yesterday and will be there until Sept. 11th. They're performing only "Le Corsaire" each day -- and each day with different casting.

Yes and there are no tickets left and it seems that everybody is more than happy with their performances.

As far as casting is concerned I can tell you that for the premiere Vaziev has chosen the youngest members of Mariinsky. Renewed artist such as Uliana Lopatkina, Ilya Kuznetsov o Igor Zelensky will dance in other sessions. The three young dancers to whom the director has given the opportunity to dance the premiere are: Viktoria Tereshkina, Mikhail Lobukhin y Leonid Sarafanov.

I'm not going to see them as I live in Barcelona and we have the ENB with Giselle (Tamara Rojo & José Manuel Carreño performing today and I will not miss them) so maybe one day I'll have the opportunity to see this so great Russian Company.

If you know a bit of Spanish or if you want to see one beautiful photo of Viktoria Tereshkina as Medora (more photos will be posted there later on), you can visit:

http://www.fotoescena.net/foro/viewtopic.php?t=714

I hope you enjoy :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:31 am 

CarolinaM, welcome to our Kirov forum! And thank you so much for your post, and the news from Spain. It's unfortunate you won't be able to see the Kirov on this brief visit, but given the upcoming theatre closure, I have a strong feeling you may well have more opportunities to see them in your own country in the near future.

Best wishes and I look forward to more news from Barcelona. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:39 am 

Last edited by fedora on Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:07 am 

Quote:
Coda is right. It's not correct that "Vishneva is now more or less with the Bolshoi". The Bolshoi press release last week has not even listed Vishneva as a guest artist.

Kevin, Vishneva is listed as a Guest Artist on the Bolshoi website,
(see link below). Re last week's press release there seems to be a communication disconnect. "More or less with the Bolshoi?" For the remainder of this year it looks like 'less.' Either they should consider updating their website before they publish a press release, or she should clarify and confirm her itinerary & status with them for the 2006-2007 season. To piggy back on what Catherine has already mentioned (i.e. The Kings of Dance), IMO "reliable" is not an adjective I'd choose to describe her.

http://www.bolshoi.ru/en/theatre/ballet ... o&id26=518

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:36 pm 

I forgot to add, the most recent example - she was billed to dance in London this July and was not in the UK at all, at any point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:27 am 

Catherine Pawlick wrote:
It's unfortunate you won't be able to see the Kirov on this brief visit, but given the upcoming theatre closure, I have a strong feeling you may well have more opportunities to see them in your own country in the near future. :-)

:D This sounds great !!!! Thank you very much!

A colleague of mine from Madrid has been talking with Mr. Vaziev and has had the same sensation :wink:

I think that a nice report will be published soon in fotoescena, when I see it on line I'll tell you.

Fedora, I hope your friend will have a very nice stay in Madrid. She is very fortunate to be able to see this performance, it seems that it has been hard to get a ticket :D

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next