public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Update...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:31 am 

It's been nearly two years since I've posted, and so much has happened. I came back to look at some old posts, and got hooked on all the things I wrote years ago.

So I'm now finishing my final year at the Australian National Theatre Ballet School, having danced lead roles in Boutique Fantasque, Carmen, Swan Lake Act III, Cinderella, Scheherezade, and many new works.

My technique and artistry continues to improve, and before the end of this year I'll start looking for a job in a company.

Currently, though, we're busy working on 4 new contemporary works for a performance in mid-September. They are being choreographed by Gala Moody, Matthew Thompson, Melanie Crowe and Elissa Meyer-Thomas. It's so bizarre doing so much contemporary, and with all the barefoot work the skin on my feet is starting to crack and split. Everyone else's is too.

In December I think we'll be doing Giselle. It hasn't been officially announced yet, because we're supposed to be just concentrating on the contemporary works, but the rumours are pretty certain, and we've gotten hints from the wardrobe mistress. Also, judging by the work our director is giving us in class, it seems pretty likely.

I'm only 5'9" and I'm good at batterie so I'm guessing I'll be doing the Peasant Pas de Deux. I also pride myself on my dramatic abilities, so I'm hoping I'll also be split cast for Albrecht. We'll see.

Hope to hear how everyone else is doing, as I haven't read any posts in about two years too.

God bless
Shaw.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:17 pm 

How wonderful to hear from you, Shaw! I think of you, and I have been wondering how it was going. What a good, good report and update. I wish you all the best on your continuing success, and, once in a while, let us all know how you are doing! Merde! :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:37 pm 

It's great to hear from you again. I used to enjoy your posts so much. From the way things are going for you, it sounds as if you should change your handle from "Failli" to "Réussi". Best of luck!

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]