public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 8th July 2006: Compagnie Michele Anne De Mey
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:45 am 

“Synfonia Eroica”, Compagnie Michele Anne De Mey

Every audience member would like the chance to see what it’s like behind the scenes. The Belgian performance “Synfonia Eroica“ by Compagnie Michele Anne De Mey gave us the chance to do just that.

There was no traditional beginning; when the audience was seated the lights weren’t dimmed. Actors were chatting and playing with the props as if they were on the rehearsal. At first I thought that the performance had not begun - I was certain the actors will tidy up the mess, change clothes and start the show in a moment. But soon I realized I was wrong. The idea was to show the rehearsal. At the beginning actors attracted peoples’ attention by hammering the nails into the floor. Than somebody played with another requisite and one of the dancers carelessly turned on the music. The show started - a play with the audience, with the dance, with the ravishing classical music.

Dancers showed the preparations for the spectacle: killing time during the breaks, a quarrel using balls instead of words. The music in the background was heard most of the time, somebody was dancing, talking; inventing a new sequence of steps for a duet.

Everybody was having fun on stage, and actors’ work was shown with expression and humor. The choreography was excellent, full of energy and humour with a feeling of spontaneity.

The moment I liked best was when everybody started pouring water on each other and sliding with joy on the wet floor.
With no use of complicated means, extravagance, sophisticated clothes and expensive sets the Belgians created a performance honored with a standing ovation.

Anna Zaczkowska
Translated by Anna Sąkol

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:03 am 
Quick Questionnaire: DINITA ASKEW, ‘ILLSTYLE & PEACE PRODUCTIONS’

It has started from…
My mother’s womb, when she was pregnant with me. She danced constantly.

What dance gives me…
Freedom to explore and learn more about my body and personality through dancing.

What I don’t like in dance…
The fact that so many dancers are used to being told what to do, they don’t know who they are as a dancer, or know how to dance from their soul.

My inspirations…
The creators of the fundamentals of each dance style as well as freestyle dancers that speak with their souls.

What makes me fly/ What gives me wings…
Expressing myself through movement; dancing is revealing my soul.

What limits me…
Nothing.

What does festival in Bytom mean to me…
A pleasure and opportunity to spread the knowledge and fundamentals of hip – hop (locking/popping/house) movement. Sharing the spirit of the dance.

If I wouldn’t be a dancer…
I would marry a dancer.

When I’m not dancing…
I am thinking about dancing.

What’s important in life…
To live without regrets.

DINITA ASKEW, ‘ILLSTYLE & PEACE PRODUCTIONS’

Zaczęło się od…
Łona mojej mamy, kiedy była w ciąży ciągle tańczyła.

Co daje mi taniec…
Wolność, by odkrywać i uczyć się więcej o moim ciele i osobowości.

Czego nie lubię w tańcu…
Tego, że tylu tancerzy jest przyzwyczajonych do słuchania co mają robić, że nie wiedzą kim są jako tancerze, jak mają wyrażać się w tańcu poprzez duszę.

Moje inspiracje…
Twórcy podstaw każdego ze stylów tańca jak i tancerze freestyle-owi, którzy tańczą z duszą.

Co dodaje mi skrzydeł…
Wyrażanie się poprzez ruch; taniec jest odkrywaniem duszy.

Co mnie ogranicza…
Nic.

Czym jest dla mnie bytomski festiwal…
Mam przyjemność i okazję przekazywać wiedzę o podstawach hip – hopu (locking/popping/house). Jest dzieleniem się duchem tańca.

Gdybym nie tańczyła…
Ożeniłabym się z tancerzem.

Gdy nie tańczę to…
Myślę o tańcu.

Co w życiu jest ważne…
Żyć bez żalu.

FORREST WEBB, ‘ILLSTYLE & PEACE PRODUCTIONS’

It has started from…
Akron General Hospital to the New York Public Schools.

What dance gives me…
Dance gives an outlet to release tention and frustrations in my everyday life. It also gives me the challenge of trying new things with my body and taking risks.

What I don’t like in dance…
Quitting at the first sign of difficulty and injuries that are sometimes sustained.

My inspirations…
Rock Steady Crew, New York City Breakers, and all of my junior highschool and highschool friends who used to dance.

What makes me fly/ What gives me wings…
Good music.

What limits me…
Tendonitis, sudden aches and pains, but I learn to endure and build with it.

What does festival in Bytom mean to me…
It means to me a way of sharing my culture through dance and learning a different culture. It means making new friends, building new relationships.

If I wouldn’t be a dancer…
I’d either be Deejaying or bored with life.

When I’m not dancing…
I’m DJing and / or thinking about dance, or eating good vegetarian food in New York City. Also a record shopping.

What’s important in life…
Dancing, Good Health, Good Music, Good food, Good Sex & records.

FORREST WEBB, ‘ILLSTYLE & PEACE PRODUCTIONS’

Zaczęło się od…
Szpitala Akron General do Szkół Publicznych w Nowym Jorku.

Co daje mi taniec…
Taniec jest ujściem i rozluźnieniem codziennych napięć i frustracji. Stawia mi również wyzwanie, by próbować nowych rzeczy z moim ciałem i podejmować ryzyko.

Czego nie lubię w tańcu…
Rezygnowania w momencie pojawienia się trudności i kontuzji, które czasami się utrzymują.

Moje inspiracje…
Rock Steady Crew, New York City Breakers I wszyscy, którzy tańczyli ze mną w gimnazjum i w liceum.

Co dodaje mi skrzydeł…
Dobra muzyka.

Co mnie ogranicza…
Zapalenie ścięgna, nagłe ataki bólu, ale uczę się je znosić I pracować dalej.

Czym jest dla mnie bytomski festiwal…
Sposobem dzielenia się moją kulturą poprzez taniec i uczenia się innej. Jest poznawaniem nowych przyjaciół, zawieraniem nowych znajomości.

Gdybym nie tańczył…
Zostałbym albo DJ-em, albo byłbym znudzony życiem.

Gdy nie tańczę to…
Jestem DJ-em i/lub myślę o tańcu, albo jem dobre wegetariańskie dania w Nowym Jorku. Kupuję też płyty.

Co w życiu jest ważne…
Taniec, Dobre Zdrowie, Dobra Muzyka, Dobre jedzenie, Dobry Seks & płyty.