public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Starting Ballet & London Summer Schools
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:31 pm 

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm fairly new to ballet, too! I started when I was 4/5 years old and did some exams (both RAD and ISTD), then I quite when I was about 9 because I got bored with doing the same old syllabus work, and the other girls in my class weren't great either (they messed about a lot etc). However, at the beginning of this year (aged 15) I became interested in starting ballet again, and at the beginning of March I joined a local class at a new dance school- so the other few people in my class are also kind of beginners too! I really love it, we study Russian ballet, and I've also been to a couple of the adult classes, which are fun too. I've become really quite obsessed with ballet since starting up again, and I would love to go to a Summer school (in the UK, preferably London), however at my age most people would expect me to be fairly advanced and en pointe- and obviously I'm not yet! I was wondering if anyone knows of some good summer schools that would be more suitable for my level, even if I'm a bit older than some people there. I have looked into the Royal Ballet & RAD summer schools but the girls there would be way more advanced than me so they're not really suitable. Ballet's always been a part of my life as my mum used to be a soloist with the Royal Ballet, but I'd just like to make it more of a part of my life now, especially since it's getting late, with regards to being a pro myself-now my ultimate dream!!! Thanks for your help, I'd really appreciate it!!
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:44 pm 

Hi jelateen and welcome to CriticalDance. I'm not sure of the minimum age for the Laban Summer School, but it caters for the full experience range and you could try different styles as well:

http://www.ballet-dance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27004

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:49 pm 

Thanks so much, I'll have a look on the internet about the Laban course
:)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]