public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shin splints...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:53 am 

Hey everyone..again..lol....

I need some tips and advice on how I should deal with the dreaded "shin splints?"

Thanks
Dancer246 xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:53 pm 

You might find this thread of use:

http://www.ballet-dance.com/forum/viewt ... in+splints

Kate

Post subject: shins splints
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:30 pm 

I know this problem all to well... I had double shin splints which I got by cracking both my shin bones horizontaly in a cheerleading jump I did in middle school. It bothered my throughout my dance career. The thing is with shin splints - is that they never quite go away! I had both my legs in casts when they found them originally. I was told to stay off my legs for a few months which I did not. The most important thing you can do at this point is to not jump and when you start back up, to concentrate on your plie when you land! Try to keep your calves and shins in leg warmers as much as possible too, this seemed to help me a little. Make sure you do see a doctor early to x-ray them to see if the damage is bad, if so - STAY off your legs as in...NO JUMPING until it heals or it'll bother you for a long time to come. Take it from me!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]