public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: capezio ultimo???
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:43 am 

hi!

i'm new to the forum, i'm 20 and i just returned to ballet after 5 years, but my teacher saids i'm ready to start pointe.
During my first pointe shoe fitting my feet felt best in capezio "ultimos". I was wondering about them, i know that they are discontinuid but they've told me that they are very good. And i was wondering if anyone has used them before?

thank for the advice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:11 am 

Hi

I haven't had experience of those shoes but my general advice with pointe shoes is that if they feel the most comfortable then they are probably the right shoe for you.

Were you given lots of opportunity to try on different makes and styles before deciding on these? Also speak to your teacher.

I am a bit concerned however that if you haven't danced for five years that you are going straight on to pointe. If it was me I would want to get back into the swing of things for a while before attempting pointe work, especially if it is your first time on pointe. You could do the pointe section on demi pointe for a while to get your strength back and also the correct placement on demi pointes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:52 pm 

Welcome, too, mey1453...I'll second everything Joanne suggested in her post. It takes a while to build strength back after a five year hiatus. Don't be in too much of a hurry as you might risk injury. Ultimo shoes are, I think, discontinued. In a Capezio, which I believe is a good first pointe shoe, you might want to try Plie 2 or Contempora. They have characteristics a bit similar to Ultimo (moderate shank, broad box). I think Ultimo may have had a winged box. As Joanne said, be sure to try on many different shoes to see which one works best. Good luck, and start off slowly and carefully. :)

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]