public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: please read - services offered by companies
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:26 pm 
hello im wondering if you could help me answer a question as i am working on a project to do with dance umbrella in college. what are Mark Moris's dance group, Siobhan Davies group and La Rinbot expected to provide in terms of services???? please reply if you can help. thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:01 pm 

Greetings and welcome to criticaldance

I have combined your posts into one post to avoid unnecessary posts. It might also help if you clarified your question so that people have a bit of better idea what information you need.

I would also suggest that you check out the Dance Umbrella website. This year's performances are finished, but the website has plenty of information.

Kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:32 pm 

what do you mean by services???

Sounds like an interesting question though!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: services
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:48 am 
for example costume hire, scenic, sound, props. do they provide any of hese for other companies???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:45 pm 

Thnks for the clarification, Francesca. For the record, La Ribot is a solo artist rather than a company, but I doubt very much whether the Mark Morris or Sue Davies companies offer any of the services you mention. Costumes and designs are work specific and thus there would be little opportunity for lending out.

You may be on better ground with ballet companies. I know the Royal Ballet "Don Q" production from 3 years ago (or so) used Australian Ballet sets and costumes and this sort of activity is not unusual with such a common rep in the ballet world.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:26 pm 

I agree, as far as i'm aware most modern companies do not have a company costume/set/lighting designer, but hire them in depending on certain factors such as who choreographer might like. despite this, some designers do become "associated" with a company and are part of the creative team for almost every work.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]