public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Where are the performing arts at?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:26 pm 

Hey everyone...
Just wanted to ask a question to get everyone's opinions...

Metaphorically speaking, where are the performing arts at, at this moment in time? I mean, what's happening and going on in the arts world?

Plus, where do you think it'll be in 50 years time?
Thanks xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:36 pm 

Hmmmm, good question 246!

I can only speak for dance in the UK, but at the moment it feels like it is on the up in terms of variation and originality, choreographers seem to have to push their creativeness as far as they can and in some cases use a lot of experimentation in order to produce a piece worthy of a mainstream audience and they are succeeding.

As for where dance will be in 50 years, the pessimistic answer is that it won't be very popular, as more people choose to go to the cinema instead of the theatre. however, I think that as long as talented new dancers and choreographers are found and given any help they need, there will still be plenty to see at theatres all over the country.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:53 am 
I have to agree with you on both counts there Alex R...I think the way dance and movement is being created today is pushing the boundaries further than ever before.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]