public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:32 am 

Yes, it's worth bearing in mind that images taken of shows, without permission, are breaking copyright. I bet many of the tourists are using flash, which is of course dangerous for the dancers.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:55 am 

Yes - surprisingly *during* the performances plenty of flash photos are taken. Especially when a bigger name (Lopatkina, etc.) is dancing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:53 am 

Last edited by fedora on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:02 am 

Stuart Sweeney wrote:
I bet many of the tourists are using flash, which is of course dangerous for the dancers.

...And quite disrespectful of the lighting designer.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:15 pm 

Last edited by fedora on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:09 am 

The rehearsal photos are great! Interesting that she'll be doing Swan Lake (so they say...) twice here in January and then under contract in the USA in February. I assume that means at the Met...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:45 am 

If the performances are in February, it's not at the Met because that's opera season. ABT performs at the Met in May-June-July, though may be touring in February.

Kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:30 am 

Regarding Diana Vishneva's February U.S. appearances-- Vishneva is the lone woman performer participating in the “Kings of Dance” performances at New York’s City Center February 23 - 26. The “Kings” are Angel Corella, Ethan Stiefel, Johan Kobborg, and Nikolay Tsiskaridze. She will be performing Roland Petit’s Le Jeune et la Mort. Christopher Wheeldon will premiere a piece for the group of four men. There will be solo premieres by Tim Rushton for Kobborg, Nils Christie for Stiefel, Stanton Welch for Corella, and Petit for Tsiskaridze. The tickets are beyond expensive. Way beyond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:33 pm 

If anyone wants to fly out to Orange County, tickets for Kings of Dance are between $20 and $75, and the weather herein February beats the east coast with a stick. No word on who the ballerina is for the Petit piece here. How much are the NYC tickets?

--Andre

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:51 pm 

The top price in the Grand Tier is $150. (The only person I've ever known to actually sit in those seats is Azlan.) The orchestra seats are $100. The mid Mezzanine where you really cannot see all that well, and where the music is muffled is $75. From there, the prices get better (to $35) and the view gets a lot worse. And so it goes . . . but I'll not be going. As a side note, I just got my invitation to the 2007 Lincoln Center Festival production of the Kirov's Wagner Ring Cycle. They are asking $5000 for one set of four performance tickets. Yes, $5000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:24 pm 

Holy cow! :shock: Another plus for OCPAC: most of the seats are acceptable and many are quite good in terms of the view, and the sound is good just about everywhere.

The Kirov's Ring cycle at OCPAC for fall 2006 unfortunately have similar price tags to their Kennedy Center shows. Hopefully the ballet tickets will be cheaper for their Swan Lake and Romeo & Juliet.

--Andre

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:51 pm 

It looks like West Coast Diana-philes are in luck as she will also be dancing at our Kings of Dance:

http://www.ballet-dance.com/forum/viewt ... 762#170762

--Andre

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Storage
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:39 am 

Catherine Pawlick wrote:
She is a big enough star that her demands or refusals would be listened to by those in power so to speak.

Where can i keep something like that? :X

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:08 pm 
Natalia N, to your post at the bottom of page 2 (!) dated Nov. 7 (which I apologize for not seeing sooner!) -- I will see if I can find the graduation program, as it notes which students were not in their final year of the school yet. I'm fairly certain though, that Marina Chugai *was* graduating this year (June). Unfortunately I dont follow the Maly (though I should) so I dont know if she is there now or not. If i hear something I"ll post/let you know.

Jack- where can you keep it (??)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:33 am 

A star is born
By Kevin Ng for the St. Petersburg Times

Yevgenia Obraztsova, 21, has found herself very busy after a recent promotion from coryphee dancer (a rank above corps de ballet) to second soloist.

She is currently making a guest appearance at the Baltimore Ballet in “The Nutcracker,” while last week she made a fine impression during the Mariinsky’s season in Paris dancing in four different programmes.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next