public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: fondu
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:50 pm 

Would I be correct in saying that the purpose of Battement Fondu would be to develop and strengthen the hips and legs. Also an excellent exercise for working on turnout technique? I would be very much interested to have any feedback in regards to fondu. DANCE THE RHYTHM OF LIFE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:59 am 

spangles, all of the above! :) I've always thought of fondu as a great component in working the even spread of turnout, working and supporting leg, engaged equally. I also think of the aspect of the calm, placed torso lifted ABOVE that fondu, tuning into the center of balance and resisting the temptation to have the ribs and weight "fall back". Seems like a simple step, but so much goes into executing it properly as the beginning movement for so many other positions...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:10 pm 

Thank you once again Gina. Very important to note the component in working the even spread of turnout, working and supporting leg, engaged equally. I think this also aids co-ordinations and trains the dancer to become a thinking dancer also as one really must concentrate on acheiving the above by perfect timing (my thoughts only). A calm torso is also very important. So many times we can see tension and strain seeping into the neck and shoulders particularly in this exercise. breath is also of importance I feel when performing this exercise. Any thoughts, comments and or observations? please fee free to comment, as always :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:39 pm 

Thank you once again Gina. Just quickly, what are the common faults found when performing fondu?Some that I have thought of including previous postings: please feel free to add:

COMMON FAULTS

Incorrect hip placement and alignment of the body.
Lack of turnout in the legs.
Strain in the torso, neck, and shoulder and chest area.
Arm lines need to be watched.
Breathe control needs to be kept in check.
Watch ones centre of balance. Ribs and weight not to fall backwards.
Timing is often incorrect. The legs must unfold simultaneously.
Degage performed incorrectly (sickled feet)
Rolling of the feet.
Incorrect plie movement. Knees must be over the toes.

Would love to hear about other's experiences including performing and/or corrections that you have received as a student (it is very important to listen to other's being corrected and apply them to oneself - all part of the learning process.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]