public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: turnout won't budge!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:15 pm 

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem with turnout that I hope to get some advice for. Could anyone please tell me what are some good exercises to increase turnout (in addition to exercises done at the barre)? I would like mine to go farther, and work very hard at the barre but it just doesn't seem to get much better. I always make sure I am turned out from the hip. Is there anything that can be done to make my hips more flexible? I'm grateful for any advice that you can give me! Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:46 pm 

Hi there, punkrockballerina, and welcome! A good exercise to help your turnout is to lie on your back on the floor and do a passe developpe to the front. Carry your leg to the side (in a demi grande rond de jambe) keeping both hips on the floor. Just let your leg sort of hang there letting gravity do the work. Try to relax and don't grip. Hope this helps!

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]