public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:04 pm 

I believe Ayupova performed Emeralds at the Mariinsky in January 2004, honoring the Balanchine centennial.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:52 am 

Catherine Pawlick wrote:
Just a note on the "left behinds" -- Ruzimatov and Makhalina are still in St. Petersburg -- they both performed in "Scheherezade" last Tuesday. Ayupova has not performed witih the company in well over 2 years, which is a great disappointment indeed. I saw what I believe was her final performance in "Sleeping Beauty" here two years ago in June (2003). I heard she has relocated to Finland with her son and husband. Nioradze is a mystery -- she too rarely performs in St. Petersburg, but danced in "Le Corsaire" and several other roles maybe once per month this past spring.

Can't complain about not seeing Nioradze and Ruzimatov as they were dancing together in Scheherazade and separately in Don Q in the UK only a couple of months ago.

Everyone here longs to see Ayupova again and I'm told by my Kirov moles that there is a good chance she will return to the company.

Where is Zhelonkina though? I'm resigned to the fact that she won't be given more than a pas de trois here, but I'd give a lot to see her again.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:18 am 

Swan Lake
By Gavin roebuck for The Stage

From the moment Alexander Polianichko raises his baton the audience is spellbound with the glorious sound of the orchestra of the Mariinsky Theatre playing Tchaikovsky’s most famous ballet score. The curtains open to reveal some of the greatest dancers in the world performing with superlative finesse.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:14 am 

Vasiev told me Zhelonkina is on maternity leave.

This is fantastic news about Ayupova if it comes to be true. I"ll be at every performance!! ;-) I didnt know she'd danced here in Jan. 2004 -- so she's been gone less time than I had thought.